What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 20th - September 26th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD
proxy.php

A
Razor: Schick Type F
Blade: Schick (D1)
Brush: DaVinci UOMO 293
Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Stirling's Glacial Lavender
Balm: Meißner Tremonia Lavender De Luxe
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande Toner

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Monday 20th September 2021

EF203624-7139-44A0-B37D-40F97B19C8F6.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapPAA CaD, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Sunset G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorRazoRock German 37 Slant, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeAstra SS, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Gondolier, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9/10

Sept Stirling SR Mon 20 SOTD
Soap Stirling Evie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
This is a surprisingly pleasant scented soap with good strength too. As with most Stirling, the lather is just impeccable...creamy and slick for the job!
Today's shave with this razor was acceptable. The razor's edge is smooth but perhaps not as keen. Managed 3passes for a sas result without any issues. Aftershaves were icy and just great.
20210920_121201.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
25BC029A-6099-4E51-B380-F766C74D51D5.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) USA: Shaving Soap OZ Shaving 40 Crows Shaving Soap.
3) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

D2B3904D-7E0E-4251-889B-6A88ED7CB1DD.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 20, 2021

How nice to wake up to a bright and sunny morning. It really seemed like it was time to try some different software, and the PAA Coconut Bay w/ Lime seemed just the ticket, particularly with SWMBO away until Wednesday. Time to go big and smelly! Don’t get me wrong here. I adore my bride, but she suffers from a severe fragrance allergy resulting in migraines which definitely curtails any fragrance frolic on my part. In fact, my lack of sophistication in the fragrance arena resulted in a ‘nom de plume’ for me at TSD of “Nasal Barbarian”. Compared to a number of my shave brothers there, most notably, Primo, it’s well earned. But I did enjoy the scent of these products today, although the post shave skin benefits pale when compared to my usual MWF.

In any case, this morning’s mug shave featured the Puma 88 5/8. This razor, while a bit rougher than many of my other razors holds a magnificent edge. The shave was buttery smooth as this Solingen sweetie successively reduced my mug stubble in three slow, very pleasant passes leaving your happy narrator delightfully smooth. My noggin shave was every bit as good. The Barbasol Floating Head is a remarkably efficient safety razor design that dates to the early 1930s. It’s not a razor for the newbie to wet shaving, as it does require good technique and the maintenance of a consistent angle throughout the shave. Which sometimes gets a bit tricky on the back of the noggin for these old arthritic shoulders and elbows. But this morning’s two pass ATG dome shave completed without mishap. I feel fragrant, clean and velveteen.

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Barbasol FH (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Aluminum Handled Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: PAA Coconut Bay w/ Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Coconut Bay w/ Lime AS Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, SEptemper 20th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic Flying wing, AKA- Guiding eye, MMBT, MMFW.....Excellent tame mid range, heaviest of the Micromatics, built to last generations, good for sensitive skin very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities. 2 tubs used up and 1 to go. (discontinued, hope they bring it back in the future.)
Brush: Yaqi 2band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm(great stuff )
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my MMFW + a Gem coated blade.
SOTD,  Sep 20th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Simpson Chubby 2
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Using the Timeless – Lab blade combo for the 6th nice shave. The Ethos Lavender soap and Chubby brush are a match made in heaven. Four passes on my face and neck and two on my head and I am ready to go. Have a great day, folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom