TBCH, I do same!

barbasol gillette fine december 14 2018.jpg

8D00065D-529A-42F5-B290-6E97143856F9.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema face wash
Brush: EJ Silvertip
Razor: Gillette N2 1968 Slim
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Cream: TOBS Grapefruit

Wow! Just, wow! First shave with something other than my Parker. I thought I was getting good shaves before, but this, on first shave, easily tied with the best shave I got from the Parker in 10 or so weeks. And on the mildest setting! Not at all what I was expecting. An easy CCS with just two N-S passes. Amazing. And shows how much I have to learn. I did not think a mild setting would shave closer than the Parker, but there it is. Zero feedback from the alum.

Cream was great with a spot-on grapefruit scent. Bowl lathered and I did get a little thin on the second pass; that was easily corrected with a little more cream and some face lathering.

A fantastic shave to close out this week!

09/24/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Marine Park Grapefruit and Patchouli
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
The Holy Black Coconut Creeper Shaving Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare - 24mm Nexus Hybrid Synth Brush based on the Erskine K-250
Crisa Glass Salsa Bowl
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Wolfman WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 Mirror Polished SS Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 6th Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
The Holy Black Coconut Creeper Barrel Aged Aftershave Splash
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength

B IMG_7762.jpg

SOTD : 24th September 2020.

4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Soap : Wickham Soap Co. ~ 1912 Irish Fern (Sample)

Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (5)

Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade peppermint, lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture. / Old Spice Original ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

The Ever Ready SE razors are amazingly smooth & efficient, which i highly recommend every traditional wet shaver to shave with one if giving the opportunity to do so.

The Ever Ready 1912 (US) was my first introduction to the wonderful world of vintage SE razors, kindly gifted to me by a member of TSR (UK) of which I'm eternally grateful.

The Wickham Co. 1912 Irish Fern soap like the Classic 24 both are a joy to shave with, providing a wonderfully scented slick protective lather, and a great post shave feeling to the face.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
saving this nice old puck for next week's use, practically a steal of a price when I bought it off of ebay last week ($20) the original puck in this os mug was unused except the lather test I did on it last week. I believe this mug is from the early to mid 1940s.
IMG_20200925_121404.jpg
IMG_20200925_121715.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom