What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 14th - September 20th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable R-2 [9]
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice 26mm Tuxedo
Soap: CBL Iron Throne
Splash: Avon Excalibur (Touring car bottle)
Balm: DC Ice Cold

20200919_143356.jpg

Razor: Schick E1 Deluxe with black handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20200919_082944.jpg

since taking up brush & cream/soap shaving a number of weeks ago, since moving from the Gillette type gels, ive not used the same brush twice yet, and neither have i used the same soap/cream, tonight i used a DS Cosmetics silvertip badger brush(first use of a silvertip) with St James of London cream and i have to say it's the best shave I've ever experienced completely smooth all over with just two passes, now as a newbie i don't know if it's the brush or the St James's cream thats been so good, but it's defo a combination that will be at the top of my rotation👍🏼

Attachments

• DSC_0082.JPG
    DSC_0082.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 17
Sept. 20, 2020 - Sunday Sweet Tea
Even with the cooler average temperatures these days, today was a beautiful, sunny day. Spent a few hours on a bike ride by the lake and came home to shave with SP. The tea and sweet peach scent is just what I wanted after a long day in the sun.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

proxy.php

My Favorite Razor without a doubt, I have the same 1.15 SB with the WRH2 hollow handle. Try it with a PolSilver or GSB blade and it will go from 11 to 12. When I have a perfect shave with the 1.15, i stop for a moment after my 2nd pass, look at it and say “Wow, What a Razor!”... makes me ponder why I shave with anything else. Happy Shaves :)

I do the same thing, can't help but marvel at it throughout the shave. Thing's ridiculous.

Sunday, 9/20:

20200920_204347.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Prometheus Handcrafts "Bronze Fire" 26mm Tip 2-band
Soap - Wholly Kaw King of Oud
A/S - APR Fenchurch

Another outstanding shave. Really enjoyed the King of Oud scent. I expected it to be pretty dark and heavy, the way I like my metal, but it's kind of a cologne-y scent that I really dug. The brush was great; Milton's knots are excellent. The shave was super smooth and long-lasting, and my face felt great. Tomorrow I'll start using the hollow handle for the week and see how that goes compared to this one.

Gillette Foamy Lemon-Lime
Gillette Gold Ball End Tech
Brut Splash

Today my parents would have been married 62 years. This is what he normally shaved with when I was a kid so I used his Gold Ball End Tech, don't know if he used Brut in 1958 but that is all he has ever used since I can remember.
Gillette Foamy Lemon-Lime. SinatraLennon's got a great video on using a 50 year old can of that stuff in a shave.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SOTD-FS-Y_2020-09-20.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 10086 16/47 Bigger Bambino
Soap: Fine L'Orange Noir
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (6)
ASL: Fine Snake Bite

A very nice shave! :cornut:

I went full on with the Snake Bite (second use) today, in contrast to yesterday's sparing application. Very nice.
It was cool to start with building slowly up to a great burn :bayrum2: then turning to icy cold :velva2: . This time it was 15 minutes before the coldness died off and the menthol completely killed any residual scent from L'Orange Noir soap.

I took my black Bigger Bambino out of retirement today. I'd forgotten how good this baby is. It's another lather monster (I had way too much left over).

Happy shaves all y'all. :biggrin:

Sunday Evening

‘62 Tech
Astra SP (2)
Omega Boar
Cella
Pinaud VIBR

INCREDIBLE shave!
Very BBS, and nick free.
Smooth soap, fabulous
blade! Spicy aftershave!
Magnificent! Mind blowing!