Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Maseto Two-Band
Soap: Jack Black Supreme Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Booster Mosswood
Balm: Perricone MD Lightweight Moisturizer
Let's see a picture of the Mergress.

Fri shave 1.jpg
Fri shave 2.jpg

Friday’s shave is once again with Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife soap. It is amazing how long this little puck lasts. I am using a Paladin Chief brush. The brush is almost as big as the soap tin. The razor is an ATT S-1 slant loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade for the 6th shave. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. After a shower, some TOBS Sandalwood fragrance.

SOTD 09.18.2020 ... Had to do it all over again to confirm if this razor is that good. Well the CG Everyday razor exceeded my expectations and it is stunningly smooth while it maintains the perfect blend of effectiveness for an Everyday shaver. I tried it out on 48 hrs of growth and it worked out flawlessly. Right now, this razor is on par with my Diamondback 2020, and I LOVE MY P’Dimes DB-2020. Happy Shaves Gents!
6473CEAA-FD27-43CC-8D7E-B4ED69B70A70.jpeg

Charcoal Goods Brass Everyday Safety Razor // 7 O’clock Black (2) // Haslinger Schafmilch // Floid Mentolado Suave AS

DFC728CF-1E90-4A1A-9BFA-07BC7FCC2C3F.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020

When I began the G7DC I had real reservations about being able to complete it, but here I am on day 7 on this sunny morning in the Philly Burbs. I’ve decided that I may have to begin shaving the mug every other day if my straights shave as close as this Feather DX. Nevertheless, my results seemed paradoxically at odds with what used to occur when I began my straight shaving journey. In those early days, I found myself cleaning up my mug with the safety razor designated for my Dome shave. For the last two shaves, I’ve been cleaning up my dome with the open edge blade, since the Paul Revere L Type is just not as efficient a shaver as my preferred noggin selections. In any case the focus is done, and I’m gratified to have completed it. As a result, I plan on spending three to four consecutive shaves with my straight razor selections in the future given the benefit I received with the DX. Another great shave leaving me velveteen, clean and refreshed.

RAZOR: Feather DX Wooden Handle (Mug), Schick Paul Revere L Type (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Proguard
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot 007
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

E64777BB-A696-49B7-AE5B-F586957D8201.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020

When I began the G7DC I had real reservations about being able to complete it, but here I am on day 7 on this sunny morning in the Philly Burbs. I’ve decided that I may have to begin shaving the mug every other day if my straights shave as close as this Feather DX. Nevertheless, my results seemed paradoxically at odds with what used to occur when I began my straight shaving journey. In those early days, I found myself cleaning up my mug with the safety razor designated for my Dome shave. For the last two shaves, I’ve been cleaning up my dome with the open edge blade, since the Paul Revere L Type is just not as efficient a shaver as my preferred noggin selections. In any case the focus is done, and I’m gratified to have completed it. As a result, I plan on spending three to four consecutive shaves with my straight razor selections in the future given the benefit I received with the DX. Another great shave leaving me velveteen, clean and refreshed.

RAZOR: Feather DX Wooden Handle (Mug), Schick Paul Revere L Type (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Proguard
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot 007
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Date:- 18 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Peach & Cognac
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Silver Blue #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

OMG! The Peach & Cognac has stunk the whole bathroom and my master bedroom like MAGIC, the scent isn't very strong and won't hit you in the face like a boxing glove that you wouldn't even see it coming at you.

This soap is great for Spring and maybe Summer, very relaxing pleasant scent throughout the whole shave and very peaceful.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD-FS-G_2020-09-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Fine L'Orange Noir
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
ASL: Fine L'Orange Noir

And yet another very "fine" shave! :cornut:

Shave number four with the Fine Slant. Have I found my "grail" DE razor? :001_tt1: :001_wub: :letterk1:
:lol: :a21::thumbup: Cal you seem to find a grail razor once a year. Happy for ya!

• Haha
Reactions: Cal

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Fri, Sept 18th 2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Mfg 2016>, excellent daily driver, milder mid range, perfect with a Kai SS blade.
Blade: Kai SS (2) Excellent blade, sharp & smooth, great longevity, Extra wide.009"thousands for more blade feel.
Soap: Tabac- great soap with a mild flowery scent with excellent lather qualities, triple milled for longevity.
Brush: Yaqi Timber wolf whiskers 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips that I enjoy.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR SLOC with a Kai blade.

DE SOTD, Fri, Sept18th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom