119462116_419648462338663_5305553343596424386_n.jpg

Tuesday, 9/15:

20200915_114116.jpg

Razor - Raw Shaving RS-10, mild
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Alpha Shaving Bulldog 28mm G4 synthetic
Soap - Zingari Man The Explorer
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

Nice to have a mild shave today. The blade let me down a little, as it wasn't very smooth and tugged a bit, but the razor still did a good job of getting me nice and close, especially with a mild plate like this. The brush is ok; too firm for my tastes, but the lather it generated was tremendous. And what a scent. Very good shave.

Well from the land of mild in the AS-D2 to wild in the Blackland Dart. Both stainless steel beauties to behold but at either end of the shave scale when it comes to “aggression”. Yes, we all have opinions on this topic and this is my opinion...the AS-D2 is mild and comfortable the Dart is not so much. Technique calms this beast as does blade choice and you will be rewarded with a super, super close shave. You will however be quite aware of your shave especially if you lose focus.

Wanted to try something different today and reached for the minty goodness of Sapone di Paolo Menta. All spearmint goodness with a touch of menthol in there. Now known as “eleven” the soap is wonderful and the scent strong. Wish I had a few more of these.

Got through three lovely, leisurely passes and was indeed rewarded with a BBS finish. The dolphins scream alright but it’s in submission! I love this razor and it is beautifully made but it is a beast. I am thankful I honed my technique with a Muhle R41 before getting this one. Enjoy your shaves! Stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: RazoRock Chubby Extra - Silvertip Badger 27.5mm knot
Lather: Sapone di Paolo Menta
Aftershave: Sapone di Paolo Menta
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Armani Acqua di Gio
4BD58569-29FE-496B-A588-539A79B7CB0E.jpeg

Razor: Gem Contour II
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20200914_074550.jpg

20BE4FB0-8143-441C-A3DD-3100FB58B848.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, September 15, 2020

On day 4 of the G7DC there’s not much to say other than VBBS all the way!

RAZOR: Feather DX Wood Handle (Mug), Schick Type L Paul Revere
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Hybrid Knot
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Last edited:
Well from the land of mild in the AS-D2 to wild in the Blackland Dart. Both stainless steel beauties to behold but at either end of the shave scale when it comes to “aggression”. Yes, we all have opinions on this topic and this is my opinion...the AS-D2 is mild and comfortable the Dart is not so much. Technique calms this beast as does blade choice and you will be rewarded with a super, super close shave. You will however be quite aware of your shave especially if you lose focus.

Wanted to try something different today and reached for the minty goodness of Sapone di Paolo Menta. All spearmint goodness with a touch of menthol in there. Now known as “eleven” the soap is wonderful and the scent strong. Wish I had a few more of these.

Got through three lovely, leisurely passes and was indeed rewarded with a BBS finish. The dolphins scream alright but it’s in submission! I love this razor and it is beautifully made but it is a beast. I am thankful I honed my technique with a Muhle R41 before getting this one. Enjoy your shaves! Stay safe!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: RazoRock Chubby Extra - Silvertip Badger 27.5mm knot
Lather: Sapone di Paolo Menta
Aftershave: Sapone di Paolo Menta
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Armani Acqua di Gio
View attachment 1155394

That bloom is bigger than my freakin head!

Wednesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Razor Emporium Rex Ambassador
Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D3)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2012 Limited Edition Badger\Boar
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Balm: Alvarez Gomez Agua De Colonia
Aftershave: Alvarez Gomez Agua De Colonia

Date:- 16 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Silver Blue #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

I’ve been giving my face a 3 good days rest from my last mid bloodbath shave, using my Feather AC-SS since I haven’t been using for nearly 3 an half years.

Hopefully I’ll get back into the ballgame again on Friday using my Feather AC-SS.

E27B9307-AE91-4EC3-AF2E-D1E7FAE37700.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema face wash
Brush: B&B Omega boar
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#7)
Soap: Pre de Provence original

Outstanding shave this fine Tuesday night! Record number of shaves from one blade for me and no feedback from the alum. Might go for number 8 tomorrow.

PdP is a glorious scent. I wish they would produce a cologne in that scent. Consensus on some old B&B threads is that Sung Homme comes close and it does, but I'd buy the real deal in a heartbeat--c'mon, PdP!

I have two boar brushes now, but will definitely add some more in the future (looking at you, SOC!). They are easy to use, feel great, and this one in particular acts bigger than it is. Looking forward to seeing how it continues to break in over time.

Have a great night, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom