What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 14th - September 20th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[Image: GYovAfc.jpg]

Razor: 1946/1947 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: PoliSilver (Wizmet) (D1)
Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Orbit
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Orbit

Mon 14 Slantember SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge 1st time use
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Today's lather contains abit too much water but still slick enough with nice mild lemony scent...
Shave with slant razor pair with 1st time use the famous Gillette yellow blade. Initial impression was just meehhh..
Considered just ok the smoothness and comfort. Efficiency is a tad below the green blade. Have to try again tomorrow. 3 passes with 1 weeper on the chin. Reasonably close...between bbs & dfs.
Post & aftershave was excellent.
Rating 9/10
20200913_183229.jpg

20200914_070025.jpg

Monday SOTD - A BBS with a few weepers! Overall a great shave!

Pre Shave - Face wash using Truefitt & Hill No. 10 face scrub along with Warm water
Brush - Trigodon Tuxedo Knot synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Shaving Soap
Razor - Merkur 34C HD
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue on 1st use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Aftershave Balm

So after long I shaved on a Monday morning. A good shave on Monday sets the mood for the week and definitely helps beating the Monday blues. I got a great shave today using all tried and tested products. Did a 3 pass shave where first and second passes were great. It was during the third pass in the quest of achieving a BBS I pressed the razor a bit hard near the chin area and above upper lip and got a few weeepers! Otherwise a fantastic 3 pass shave with BBS achieved!

The alum gave sufficient feedback as expected and further application of aftershave cooled the face down while making it soft and supple. The subtle fragrance of the aftershave is lingering even after 4 hours of shave thereby definitely keeping me on high spirits.

Next shave is due on Wednesday. Thank you 🙏🏽

7C9AD098-00C3-45F0-B8CF-049F25F14088.jpeg
EAEFC92F-FD85-4ABA-999F-CD0539D75318.jpeg
1B8F34F8-DF50-4E6F-8B35-CD004836B1ED.jpeg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Monday‌ ‌09.14.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0007.jpg

Gillette '40s Brit Fat Handle Flat Bottom Tech #77 Set
NOS Gillette Red Thin Blade
Simpsons‌ ‌Commodore‌ ‌X3‌ ‌Best‌ ‌Badger‌
Fine Accoutrements Fresh Vetiver in a vintage mug
Fine Accoutrements ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌aftershave‌

DSCF0014.jpg

7EDBE795-19FC-4D95-8213-0C173F4D760F.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 14, 2020

Although it’s a bit gloomy this morning, my shave was gratifying. I’m really liking my new Feather DX. I switched back to a Proguard blade and discovered that the shave was every bit as close as it was with the Feather Super. So that’s that! I prefer the Super in my AC safety razors, and now know I can use it in my DX. My preference is for the Proguard in the latter though, as it is designed to prevent horizontal slicing, which shaky old me is prone to. Day 3 of the G7DC was an unmitigated success with new learning. Choking up on the handle of the Paul Revere did help a great deal, bit there was still one crevasse on the back of my dome with just the hint of stubble. So I tried something unique and different. Grabbing the DX by the blade with both hands, I was able to, with the lightest touch, and a fair bit of anxiety, remove that recalcitrant stubble resulting in a velveteen shave for both mug and dome without resorting to one of my AC safety razors. I feel fresh and finally velveteen!

RAZOR: Feather Wood Handle DX Barber’s Razor (Mug), Schick Paul Revere L Type Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Schick Injector II (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle #007 w/ Hybrid Knot
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm and Argan Oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom