What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 13th - September 19th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DF57DB97-8F39-4E34-9EF1-C2D561DC3286.jpeg

1) England: Pre-Shave Lotion Edwin Jagger Pre-Shave Lotion Sample.
2) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
3) England: Soap Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol Shaving Soap.
4) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Ecopure Man Soothing Aftershave Balm.
7) Indonesia: Aftershave Lotion Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion.

Sept Stirling SR Sun 19 SOTD
Soap Stirling Hipster
Brush Yaqi 24mm Clear Handle Synthetic
Razor J. R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Another awesome soap! The scent is very nice with a creamy and slick lather...typical Stirling quality!
Another enjoyable shave with this razor...really liking the edge and performance...sharp yet smooth. 3passes for mixed dfs/ccs/sas results. I've finally understood why many don't do as many passes with the SR as there's really not much to shave the next day...I realized SR shave results lasted much longer compared to my DE or SE, even if it's only a DFS. Aftershaves were terrific today.
20210919_122439.jpg

SOTD : 19th September 2021.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Face Lather.
Lather: Van Der Hagen Fine Shave Soap.
Blade: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi SE Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

I can't remember the last time that i used the Van Der Hagen soap, which was kindly gifted to me by a fellow member of TSR Forum (UK).

Like many other glycerine based shaving soaps it takes a little time & effort to get it to the consistency that i prefer, but well worth the effort leaving a good post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfort shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Cobalt EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Sunday 09.19.21 SOTD

proxy.php

Gillette ‘67 M2 Slim @6 / Polsilver Super Iridium
Elite Razor Fire and Ice 24mm Manchurian White Fan
Fine Accoutrements Platinum Shaving Soap & Aftershave​
I’m going to miss this soap when it’s used up. I’ve tried the new version and it’s ok. I prefer a hard soap. Plus the scent in the new one is a little bit off -- not really strong enough for me.

Last edited:
SOTD -19th September

Pre-shave- Bulldog face wash
Brush- Baxter Badger
Razor- Muhle R41
Blade- Wilkinson sword (Germany) 1st use
Soap- Speick shave stick
Post-shave- Speick a/s splash and balm

Result- wonderful trouble free 3 pass shave with no irritation or cuts. I must admit the R41 truly is a super efficient razor which delivers a superb shave if used correctly. Patience, technique and a sharp blade are the key. Hope every one enjoys what's left of the week end.

Sunday, September 19, 2021.
• Trueffit & Hill, pre shave oil.
• Wickham Soap Co. 1912, Le Bleu, shaving soap.
• TSS Rein Dachs Badger Shaving Brush, Premium 2-Band Silvertip Knot, Faux Tortoise Lathed Resin Handle.
• Antonio Pedrosa, carbon steel C52100, 9/8, fighting bull (toro de lídia) scales.
• Chanel, bleu: Balm aftershave & EdT.
proxy.php

20210918_191912-01.jpeg
SOTD #235/2021
19-09-2021

>> STIRLING SOAPTEMBER<<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: WCS Two Tone Tall Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Margaritas in the arctic
Razor: Henson Shaving AL 13 medium
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (8)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Nivea After Shave Fluid.

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

3171A27E-A2FB-4B01-80C8-3366A982352A.png

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 19, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured my C-Mon Special 11/16. This is one razor that never fails! The extra hollow grind always results in a rousing refrain of the “Buttering Toast” tune as the razor goes about its task of successively reducing my facial whiskers. After a quick touch up on the Naniwa 12k and the 9 Ball Slate followed by a pass through the Constroption last night, this morning’s excellent mug shave was a foregone conclusion. Three passes easily put the baby to bed as the razor glided through the slick, creamy MWF lather. My MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid knot brush really felt great on my noggin. This particular brush was the 7th produced in Evan’s first series of aluminum handled shave brushes. Itks a great brush and set the stage for the terrific dome shave to follow

One of my favorite, and most efficient safety razors is my Muhle 2011 R41. I never liked the original handle it came with and got rid rid of it very early in my ownership. The ATT Atlas handle almost seems made for the razor, and provides the perfect heft for its proper deployment. The thing about this particular model of R41 is that she demands respect in the form of good technique. I paid my dues in red fluid early on learning her idiosyncrasies, but now she always delivers an incredibly close two pass ATG noggin shave. Getting to this point with this razor required determination. The key was to go slow and steady. The result was the cool, clean velveteen result delivered this morning.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), Muhle 2011 R41 head on ATT Atlas Handle
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with. PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

SOTD - Sunday 19 September 2021

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino / Thiers-Issard - Galileo Galilei - 7/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Bog Oak - 2.0 - 26mm Bulb (Manchurian Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica - Beta 4.3
  • After-Shave Splash: Saponificio Varesino - Tundra Artica

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
AP Shaving Tuxedo Syn.
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman SS SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Sunday’s shave starts with the Ethos unscented soap coupled with my SOG boar brush. This soft, boar brush works fine with a softer soap such as this one. The Wolfman is loaded with a fresh Wizamet blade and did a nice job. A BBS shave. Have a great day, folks.

Cold water splash
pre shave oil
Vertice one super stainless
Gentleman Push type staiess steel shavette
Vicco Turmeric s shave cream
Kama rose water splash post shave

Used the ocean blue pre shave oil then washed it away with water.Took out the shave brush and started face lathering.
The lather bloomed well in no time but the smell was overpowered by the pre shave oil.

Loaded the blade and carefully glided it over the face.Left side was able to glide it well no issues only near the throat and the nose needs some more practice.

The vertice one super stainless is bit sharper than the Laser ultra and smooth equally in a shavette.

Minor battle scars which teach me areas of improvement which are below the noose and on the throat.

Mowed down approx 2 weeks or maybe more days growth as a breeze.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_192437.jpg
    IMG_20210919_192437.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom