What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 13th - September 19th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 18th September 2021.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head .
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.
Blades: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D1) /Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D1)
Razors: (Face) Yaqi SE Katana. + (Head) Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Baylis & Harding Sandalwood & Amber ASB./Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....After a two week run with my vintage SE razors I'll be using the Yaqi SE Katana with all my shaves.

After the comfortable shaves that i had with the Valet Auto Strop last week, out of curiosity, i tried doing a head shave with it.

The verdict?.....A very comfortable head shave, after my first few strokes i felt at ease, the fresh Gem PTFE cut through my head stubble with smooth mild efficiency...As with every razor i use for head shaving 'if it requires it or not' i rub my fingertips with a alum block which gives a good firm grip without the fear of the razor slipping from my hand whilst shaving and slicing my precious swede to pieces.

The Euromax Platinum half blades i find isn't an aggressive blade, but is a great matched with the very assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo.

The Maca Root shave cream never fails to provide a slick protective lather which was more than adequate for both shaves...Superb stuff!

A enjoyable near BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
10AE8584-0464-4C91-8F31-4291D5FE98C8.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Captain’s Choice Sandalwood Shaving Soap Sample.
3) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Malaysia: Aftershave Lotion Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion.
6) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Sept Stirling SR Sat 18 SOTD
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Gents Gin
Another excellent soap! The scent is abit mild but nice! The lather is just nicely creamy and slick...
Today's shave with this razor was very good and enjoyable. It was very smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues at all and the results are getting better...dfs+, some ccs/sas. Love the razor's feel & heft. Aftershaves were awesome as well!
20210918_170018.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Coates Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Paladin Lotus
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SS SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Using the Coates Sandalwood cream again. Not much left to the tube of cream. Another good lather. Using the Timeless – Lab blade combo for the 5th nice shave. Four passes on my face and neck and two on my head and I am ready to go. Have a great day, folks.

Razor: GEM Feather Weight Deluxe
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (9)
Brush: Yaqi - Mountain Lake (Caravel Arctic)
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Ethos - Peppermint
Aftershave: Ethos - Peppermint Splash

6CE5E3FC-409A-4C59-A6BA-3B066A36B79F.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10+
Textbook shave
There’s not much I can say about today’s shave. It was about as perfect as a shave can be. The GEM blade on its ninth shave still feels like it’s on it’s first in this Feather Weight.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat. September 18th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72- Mfg 2021>,excellent razor, great design for clamping blade, great for under the nose and I mostly receive superb shaves + mostly carefree shaving.
Blade: Gillette Astra SS (6) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity. Similar to a Gillette Nacet blade IMO.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian Sandalwood, Nice Sandalwood scent, excellent lather qualities. I'm glade I bought CRS Sandalwood.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic Moka Express, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Astra SS blade.
SOTD,  Sep 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

30D664B9-3CB4-4610-89C3-E265ECE002EF.png

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 18, 2021

Today’s shave featured two sentimental shaving tools. The mug shave featured the Lord 11/16 razor, the second straight razor I ever owned. I traded a Gillette Old Type circa 1909 in relatively rough shape for it. This 1920s vintage razor is the razor I learned to care for and hone on. It had a black water stained blade upon arrival, but Camelia oil and some 3000 grit film and elbow grease cleaned it up nicely. I initially put a jasper stone edge on it, but later refined that on my Chosera/Naniwa stones, finally finishing on the 9 Ball Slate.

The razor feels great in hand, and after whipping up the two kinds of MWF lather I enjoy for my shaves, proceeded to have a delightful three pass mug shave that left me oh-so-smooth. The MrEE LE SynBad knot is a great lather machine and really feels great on the shave surfaces. After depositing a thick, yogurty lather on my noggin, I grabbed the FrankenFamex. Two years ago when I purchased a complete Famex from a French shave brother, he threw in an additional wide bar cagehead baseplate. I have since added a Rockwell top cap and an ATT Atlas handle. I always enjoy the two pass ATG noggin shave this mini-monster delivers, and feel clean, cool, fragrant - SWMBO’s away for the weekend at a quilting do - and very velveteen.

RAZOR: Lord 11/16 (Mug), FrankenFamex (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE #005 with SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm and Ultimo Cologne, a favorite of bride #1.

Last edited:
16th September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ British Leather
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette Minora Stainless #25
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

18th September
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Soap ~ British Leather
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #25
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Old Republic era series book 7 of 8 (this book is part of the whole series)
proxy.php

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
SATURDAY
18 September, 2021

______

Pre: Wash w/CeraVe bar
Brush: PAA "Aerolite Amber"
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Speick cream
Razor: RR "Mamba 70"