Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
6/8 Wade & Butcher
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Original
Pecksniff's Lemon, Cedar, & Amber Balm
Montblanc Individuel
SOTD9-16-21.jpg

I’ve never seen that ball roller guard razor before. My Wilkinson Empire and Pall Mall razors have rolling guards and I love the feel.
I hadn't seen one like it either & I didn't realize when I purchased it a couple years back that the seller was Robert K. Waits, the author of A Safety Razor Compendium until I opened the package and his business card was enclosed with the razor. Here is a photo of the razor from his book w/his initials at the bottom & some other pics I took of this razor. If you look at the tattered lining of the case in each photo, you can tell they are the same set.
1631829954451.png

1631830024267.png

I hadn't seen one like it either & I didn't realize when I purchased it a couple years back that the seller was Robert K. Waits, the author of A Safety Razor Compendium until I opened the package and his business card was enclosed with the razor. Here is a photo of the razor from his book w/his initials at the bottom & some other pics I took of this razor. If you look at the tattered lining of the case in each photo, you can tell they are the same set.
View attachment 1329360
View attachment 1329363
Fabulous!

Friday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Feather Artist Pro (D12)
Brush: Korn D7-XLT Romera Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: CRSW Le Chypre Sombre LE
Balm: MdC Huile Végétale Camomille
Aftershave: Vicky Tiel Ulysse

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Friday 17th September 2021

15D972BD-421E-41ED-AA67-2DF6907896EF.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSquadron Dutch Resistance, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Fallen G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorFaTip Piccolo slant, Italy 🇮🇹
BladeGillette 7 O’clock yellow, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Proraso Balm Italy 🇮🇹
FragrancePAA Hotel Cecil, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8/10

Sept Stirling SR Fri 17 SOTD
Soap Stirling Black Cherry
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Cheshire AS Balm with some Frost Drops...
Another good quality soap! The scent is mild, something like cherry tobacco and also almond but the lather is a wow, nicely creamy and slick!
The shave with this razor was nice, smooth, and enjoyable. 3passes for a mixed dfs/ccs/sas result without any issues. Aftershaves were awesome and cool...!
20210917_124840.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DC0F69A8-913C-4ECB-A43E-9123053964A7.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Captain’s Choice Bay Rum Shaving Soap sample.
3) Poland: Razor Gillette Pure 3 disposable.
4) USA: Aftershave Balm Captain’s Choice Bay Rum Aftershave Balm sample.
5) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

20210916_162021-02.jpeg
SOTD #234/2021
17-09-2021

>> STIRLING SOAPTEMBER<<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Stirling Noir
Razor: Henson Shaving AL 13 medium
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Stirling Noir Nivea Cool psb.

Happy shaves, y'all!

3AADCFFF-C2F9-4957-ADF6-EE4C315FE12B.png

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 17, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured my very early cast steel French Point Boker. This little 5/8 cast steel Sheffield bladed Boker dates to well before the German Import Act of the early 1890s heavily tariffing the import of British Sheffield steel. Although this softer steel does require a touch up more frequently than some of the more modern steels, after a run through the constroption and too-skin bench strop never fails to deliver a buttery smooth edge. Three passes left yours truly’s mug porcelain smooth.

My Gillette Big Fellow (1920) dates to the second year of production and is one safety razor whose heft always feels good in hand. The Viking Silvertip Badger whipped up the delightful, yogurty noggin lather that always feels good on the dome. This morning for a slight change of pace, I shaved the sides of my noggin with the little Boker. The shave was quite close, but the wrist and shoulder movements were a bit much. I happily grabbed the Big Fellow and finished off the back and the top of my dome I two ATG passes. I also needed to clean up the sides. All in all a great shave leaving me in my desired state of velveteen smoothness.

RAZOR: Boker French Point 5/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom