Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Sunday, 10/11:

20201011_095409.jpg

Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - Lancaster Razor Works 26mm SHD Manchurian matte ivory
Soap - Declaration Grooming Mayflower
A/S - Brickell unscented

Very good indeed! The Lancaster V1 knot is really excellent. Reminds me of a Maggard SHD with the minimal scrub and softness. A real pleasure to face lather with, and an excellent handle. The Vector really surprised me. The first pass felt kind of tuggy/scrape-y, like the blade wasn't that sharp, which was weird because the Feather Pros have been great in the RR Hawk and Occam's Enoch. So it didn't feel particularly smooth, but throughout the shave the blade feel was really minimal, and at the end my face was incredibly comfortable. It was almost like a razor hadn't touched my face. Yet the shave is really smooth and feels like it shaved quite closely. So it's a bit of a mystery. The head is so light it feels like I should actually be using some pressure. Such a different AC from all the others I've used before. The results were terrific though, so I'm looking forward to seeing how lasting the shave is and to experimenting with different angles throughout the week. Really wonderful shave!

October, 11th 2020
A very British shave
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 synthetic
Razor:Gillette no.58
Blade: vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword Edge
Soap and aftershave: Floris Of London No.89

Today was my first shave with the Floris soap. It was extremely easy to get a great lather going on early in the first pass all the way to the 3rd and final pass. Floris No.89 has a very citrusy, masculine scent that's very refined. The lather was super slick and cushiony. I highly recommend you try out one of the Floris shave soaps. It's well worth the money.
DF02A1B8-7150-492F-8CE6-E41BCECCA4BC.jpeg

SOTD, October 11, 2020

The Progress did a great job clearing the whiskers today, and Tabac provided great cushion and slickness to pave the way.

Have a great Lord's day, gentlemen.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress on setting 4
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4th use)
Brush: DS Cosmetic 26mm Burgundy knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

06DE7B1A-7EC8-4794-BACA-2F92F83C6C1B.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 11, 2020

Although the day was dreary, my shave certainly wasn’t. I realize that the theme this month has been Open Comb (OC) October. The safety razor I selected for my dome shave has a very unique head design. The LaResche 77 was designed with what can only be described as a reverse open comb (ROC) head design. The highly arched head design has influenced modern artisans either directly or through later design mods (e.g. Italian Barber’s BBS). The razor is somewhat rare, but delivers an exquisitely close shave as my dome attests this morning. For my mug shave, I chose my somewhat newly acquired Saito SK3. This is my second outing with this smiling blade which left me smiling as well with the results. My son owned two; now I own his less desirable model. Regardless, it delivered a great shave which in combination with the LaResche 77 left me smooth, refreshed, clean and velveteen.

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 (Mug), LaResche 77 (Dome)
BLADE: Polsilver
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Two Band Badger #378
CREAM: TOBS Peppermint
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

SOTD - Sunday 11 October 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Vector
  • Blade: Feather - Super Professional
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Corona B8 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Le Père Lucien - Rose de Pushkar
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Oct 11th 2020

Razor: Schick injector adjustable(M3)Mfg-1970-72 Very nice, easy to dial in your shave, good for under the nose area.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(3) very sharp, good longevity, reasonably smooth,cheapest blades to buy it seems.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent + good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi dice with Tuxedo knot 26mm syn- large knot that stirs a excellent lather in no time, cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave:Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Lois Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritition + 1 small nick(operator error)= :a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable model 3 or (M3).

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 11th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom