What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 5th - October 11th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's shave was just so nice I repeated the exact same shave today. Though it is a different brush, it's the same knot.
[IMG]

[IMG]

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Night Witch
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Barrister Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash

Back in the Big Smoke. What a joy to have a relaxing shave in my home bathroom.
And it was a BBS beauty - the shave, not me 🤣.

A lot of people find feathers to be too sharp for their liking, but i have to say, i got beautiful shaves out of one of them over the last month, and they're my favourite blades for sure! They pair super well with a mild razor, so i paired them with my UK made super speed flare tip.

I ended up getting 18 uses from the blade, and used the same setup for the first 15 before switching the brush and soap for the last 3. It provided tug free shaves up until the last 3, these blades never cease to amaze me for sure.

I also decided to use my stick of Arko as much as possible so that i can finally say i finished a soap, and as you can see, I'm getting pretty close. This stick has 1.5 years of use on it, being used on average at least once a week during that time, so it offers near unbeatable performance and value at the price for sure.

The second soap I used was rooi Afrikaner, which is my local arko alternative, with a beautiful artisan worthy scent, and a price that puts it in about the same category as arko. Performance wise they're near identical, with plenty of slickness.

The aftershave is a real special one, i inherited this one from my dad, who as far as i know got it from my grandfather, so a very sentimental aftershave.

Shave 1-15:
Razor: Gillette super speed flare tip (UK)
Brush: Omega 49
Soap: arko shave stick
Blade: feather hi-stainless
Aftershave: ego, Bahama mist

Shave 16-18
Razor: Gillette super speed flare tip (UK)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: bundubeard Rooi Afrikaner
Blade: feather hi-stainless
Aftershave: ego, Bahama mist
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom