What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 4th - October 10th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Rhodium - Gillette Fatboy (S5)
Blade: Personna Red (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2013 SE Silvertip Badger
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Custom Frosted Woodland
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Nobel Otter The Trail – Iced

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Monday 4th October 2021
53B72F6C-0070-4014-94FC-DC90B8D26C84.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapP&B Spitfire, UK 🇬🇧
BrushBGB The Clyde Boar, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTimeless Slim OC, USA 🇺🇸
BladeNacet, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹 Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragrancePAA Doppelgänger Black, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
82D06E0C-0897-431B-B346-3F8F86341781.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Schick Ultrex and a Schick Ultra Plus cart.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

OCtober Mon 4th SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Pro 500 Platinum 2nd use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars Balm
A gorgeous kinda sweetish cigarish scent from the soap. The lather was good too...creamy and slick!
This shave with the razor and blade combo was very comfy. Smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. The matching aftershave balm was awesome!
20211004_145835.jpg

SOTD, Monday, October 4, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Superspeed Red Tip (C4, 1957)
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: Shower
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Stirling Dunshire
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
Acqua Di Gio EDT
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DF91EF7A-5BDE-410A-A149-FAA9644A5CCE.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 4, 2021

Welcome to the fourth day of Open Comb October. The mug shave on this rainy Monday morning featured my Dovo Special. This was my first straight razor, purchased six years ago. The edge when purchased was anything but shave ready. My oldest son reset the bevel and finished it for me, as I did not know my way around a straight razor in those days. After an initial severe mishap on that first shave that revealed my underlying Parkinson’s diagnosis, courtesy of Agent Orange fifty three years ago, it went into a drawer where it stayed for several years, but that’s a story I’ve already told. These days, it serves as a reminder, and is an excellent shaver. Three passes with some additional buffing and flatblading to smooth out the swirly stubble on either side of my Adam’s Apple, and my mug was smooth as glass.

I am so grateful for the three wonderful aluminum handled brushes produced by my friend, Evan (@MrEE) for my use, the latest of which has rapidly become my nominal favorite. Synthetic knots have come a long way, and the 24mm SynBad knot seated in this LE Blue aluminum handle #005 is just an awesome lather generator. My regular MWF pairs beautifully with it. After generating the thinner, more watery face lather, it went on to produce a lovely yogurty texture that was perfect for my noggin. My dome shave featured my favorite Gillette safety razor, the New LC. This little safety razor is one of several New series models, my favorite of all Gillette models. It swept away my noggin stubble in two ATG passes, leaving yours truly glassy smooth from the shoulders up.

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Gillette New LC (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle #005 with 24mm SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Asinus
Brush
Rooney 1/3 Silvertip
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
A beautiful Arizona morning. Using the Asinus for the 35th time. A decent lather. Changing razors today to the Feather AS-D2 loaded with a Feather blade. An excellent shave. Have a good week, guys.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, OCtober 4th, 2021

Razor: Gem Damaskeene OC- Mfg 1912-15, nice tame mid range, amazing quality for that time period, this razor built the Gem Mfg company up into A.S.R. Corp eventually and became very large with a umbrella of different brand name products.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: (IB)Razorock Amici, nice mild citrus & herp scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Boar brush, excellent lather generator, soft split end bristles tips, nice scrubber + good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: (IB)Razorock Amici aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer balm( excellent + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my Gem Damaskeene OC with a Gem coated blade.
SOTD, Oct 4, 2021.jpg

Have some excellent shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom