Soap: Yardley
Razor: Rotbart Mond Extra 5021
Blade: Lord Platinum
Aftershave: Yardley Gentleman Eau De Toilette

SOTD - Sunday 01 November 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Vector
  • Blade: Schick - P-30 Proline Artist Club Style
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts / Declaration Grooming - Prince Of Darkness B3 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • After-Shave: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere - Balm
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa - EdC (100 ml)
  • Beard Shampoo: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • Beard Oil: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere

SOTD - Sunday 01 November 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Vector
  • Blade: Schick - P-30 Proline Artist Club Style
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts / Declaration Grooming - Prince Of Darkness B3 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • After-Shave: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere - Balm
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa - EdC (100 ml)
  • Beard Shampoo: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • Beard Oil: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
How was the shave?

DA94F200-2DA6-40BF-98A0-A69366795107.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 1, 2020

Time for the comparison shave between my Gold Dollar (Black) and the Crescent City (Blue) Gold Monkey. Slash McCoy (@Slash McCoy), honemeister and practitioner of the “Method” - a lapping films honing approach he references on his Crescent City Razors site - purchases Gold Dollar razors in bulk and hones them for resale so they are truly ‘shave ready‘. Slash has a great reputation for the stellar shaves his rehoned razors deliver. I purchased a $5 Gold Dollar razor on Alibaba and reset the bevel on a Shapton 1k and then finished the edge on my jasper stone and a pasted strop followed by a leather strop. Being retired, I spent a fair amount of time going back and forth between the jasper finishing stone and my USB microscope to ensure I arrived at the smoothest edge I could.

I then decided to shave each side of my face with a different razor. The result was a simply splendid shave. I was unable to determine which razor was preferred. They did shave differently. I was able to determine that Slash’s reputation is well earned. His razor shaved cleanly on my favored dominant (left) side. I will say that on the sharp continuum his razor was a harder sharp than mine, but I’m sure he didn’t spend anywhere near the amount of time I did going back and forth between the USB microscope and the jasper stone until my edge was gleaming. The shave on the right (non-dominant) side of my mug felt just a tad smoother, but that may also reflect wish fulfillment on my part. In any case, I have no problem wholeheartedly endorsing Crescent City razors! They’re well worth the price and a great starter razor for the new straight razor shaver looking for a cost-effective dependable starter/learning straight razor.

My dome shave featured one of my two early production (1905) silver plated Gillette Old Type safety razors. These razors have tended to be neglected due to their weight in hand. However, the three lb weights on my forearms make that issue moot. I generated two types of lathers for my morning shaves. I prefer a thinner, wetter lather for my mug straight razor shaves, and a heavier, yogurty lather for the noggin. My MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth was happy to oblige. It’s a fabulous MWF lather machine, and easily generated both types of lather. It’s huge soft knot has great backbone and made lather generation a joy. I face latherEd my mug and bowl lathered my dome. Generating the thicker dome lather is better suited to the bowl method, but the application with this huge knot just felt great. I feel clean, velveteen smooth and quite refreshed.

RAZOR: Gold Monkey 5/8 (left Mug) Gold Dollar 5/8 (right Mug), Gillette Old Type (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Frost Byte AS Splash.

All Saints Day
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap / Proraso Pre-shave Cream
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: AoS Silvertip
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

Date:- 01 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- PAA ~ Gondolier CK-6
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R96 v4.0 / Voskhod #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Since I've kept the previous Rocca v2.0, I've swapped the handle over from the R94 to R96.

The R94 is slightly heavier than the R96 handle, however, the R96 felt grippier than the R94 and the R96 handle felt more comfortable holding in my hand. I find the R94 with a slightly heavier handle has more balance and comfort control during the entire shave.

SOTD 11/01/2020

Tras varios dias con barba espesa la Spartacus ha arrasado con toda aunque con varios pases por la perilla que se resistía, al final un apurado CDB colosal.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA Thiers Issard 7/8 olivo SPARTACUS

Brush: SEMOGUE SE 2013 Olive Silvertip

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: NUAVIA Blue PANNACREMA

Aftershave: EPSILON Scottish Spirit

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Nov1st, 2020- Nice Sunday ritual to use my Schick injectors.

Razor: Schick E2 injector, Canadian variat- Mfg 1930's-40's excellent mid range razor most should have in their shave den.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE (4) great blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely over time.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice mild sweet fresh scent with good lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
Post shave:Razorock blue barber with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemmish weeper =:a17:excellent shave with my Schick E2 & Personna blade combo.

Sunday Schick shave, Nov 1st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom