Preshave Prep: Hot shower
Preshave: Proraso White
Cream: TOBS Jermyn Street
Razor: Rockwell 6S with the #4 plate two passes with cleanup
Blade: Feather bladed shave 16 still smooth
Post shave: Alum Block
Aftershave: hyaluronic acid followed by Nivea sensitive skin

After the shave I applied CeraVe moisturizer with sunblock

The Feather blade shows no sign of giving up. I really don’t understand what’s going on, I usually get four shaves and then bin the blade.

SOTD October 30, 2020

Razor: Gillette Tech R2 (1972)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Old Spice
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
English Laundry Notting Hill
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Friday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Proraso Pre-shave Cream
Razor: Q Shave Futur Clone
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Vulfix Boar/Badger Grosvenor
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Booster Mosswood
Balm: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel

24BD5D94-E166-4F11-A55D-326B3283498F.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 30, 2020

My Ronson headshave yesterday was so close, I decided to pass on the headshave today! After yesterday’s spectacular mug shave, I grabbed the second of my silver steel razors, my Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8. Ben pushed me to purchase this razor when it became available. I still remember that amazing first whisker melting shave. And it happened again. Three passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) mimicked, and even exceeded the lather sweeping experience of the preceding Tanifuji Airi shave of yesterday. I’ve learned in my open edge journey that 6/8 is my straight razor sweet spot. Razors with this size blade just feel right in hand. And after this morning’s shave, I now understand why my son shaves almost exclusively with Japanese straights. I feel lime-refreshed and smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS Splash.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 30th, Fri, 2020

Razor: Razorock SLOC- Mfg 2018> excellent razor paired with a Kai SS blade IMO, Very smooth combination & Carefree shave also.
Blade: KAI SS (1) Excellent blade, Smooth & sharp + .009" extra wide than standard for better blade feel.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore Firenze, Top tier soap in my collection with excellent scent and lather qualities!
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice tuxedo knot 26 mm- great lather creator with back bone & those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch Hazel + a dollop of AVON "true gent" balm. I like their balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR SLOC razor paired with a KAI ss blade.

OCtober 30th, Fri, 2020.jpg

Have some excellent shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

ERN Straight
Holy Black Soap
Holy Black Splash Aftershave
Ever-Ready vintage brush with Maggard 20mm Silvertip bulb knot

If you have not tried this soap, you are missing out. I already have too many soap/aftershave, but if this company came out with another combination I would have to make space to accommodate the addition. Truly great soap!
SOTD 103020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom