What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 26th - November 1st, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Karve E
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D7)
Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
Bowl: Sweese Porcelain Suribachi 5”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Arctique
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling Gel
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Arctique

Date:- 26 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R6 / Gillette Nacet #12 .... finished
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Mon 26 GEM SE SOTD
Soap Suezbana Lemon & TeaTree
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Badger
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Really nice lather. Love the scent.....performance is good too.
Shave with this razor and blade is getting better and better. Blade is way smoother now....amazing! Smooth and comfortable 3passes for a bbs to dfs result. Now I understand what many have been saying about this GEM blades...wow indeed.
Excellent post & aftershave.
Rating 9.5/10
20201025_205351.jpg

20201026_104158.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Monday‌ ‌10.26.20 ‌SOTD‌
proxy.php

TOBS ‌Sandalwood‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Oil‌ ‌
Ikon B1 Slant DLC.OSS handle
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
Frank Shaving 24mm Silvertip Badger
TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
TOBS Sandalwood Aftershave

A183A135-996C-44C5-996C-763A0FED0CD9.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 26, 2020

A number of other straight shavers on the oldest online straight shaving forum, SRP, believe MWF conditions the skin to resist weeps during the shaving process, attributing it to the healthy amount of lanolin in the product. I don't know whether it’s just hearsay, but I do know that when I’ve been using the product regularly, weeps, if they occur, tend to disappear. Does MWF somehow enhance clotting? I don’t know, but I do know that when used regularly, and followed with alum bar application that there is always little, if any, heat post shave.

For today’s mug shave I selected my NOS Witte Copperhead 6/8. When I received the razor, there was a cryptic note in the enclosing coffin box, “Honed by Henerey 1939”. There was a bevel established, as to whether it was attributable to long dead Henerey’s work, who knows? It did shave hair, but examination under my USB microscope revealed it could use some finishing. My jasper stone with a series of successively diluted slurries on the rough side worked it’s magic. Final finish was on the UF side under water until the blade was sticking. The smooth, buttery edge on this razor has held up and been maintained with pasted linen followed by leather stropping.

For my dome shave I selected my Blackland Tradere safety razor. My Omega Pro48 boar brush is just a terrific lather building tool. It’s well broken in and has that perfect combination of softness and backbone that makes this wet shaving hobby of ours so pleasurable! Three slow, MWF-lather-rich, mug passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) coupled with two dome passes (ATG, ATG) put the baby to bed. I always immediately follow my MWF shaves with a cold water wash with the brush squeezings which I leave on my shave surfaces while cleaning up. Today’s shave finished with Humphreys Lilac WH and Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS splash. I feel refreshed, cool, clean and very smoothly velveteen!

RAZOR: Witte Copperhead Solingen 6/8 (Mug), Blackland Tradere (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil scrub
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom