Proraso Sandalwood Soap ¤ Proraso Sandalwood ASL

proxy.php

Date:- 31 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto Beehive 'Horn' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 v4.0 / Voskhod #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 31st, Sat 2020

Razor: Razorock old type OC-MFG 2015> Excellent milder open comb, I use to like this for traveling and for easy going shaves.
Blade: KAI SS(2) Excellent blade, sharp & Smooth, plus wider than a standard blade.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore "Firenze":001_wub:- nice scent with excellent lather qualities, one of my favorites!
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- great brush for creating lather for the last 3 1/2 years, + soft tips.
Pre shave : Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of AVON "True gent" balm (nice mild smoke vanilla scent)
Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:great shave with my RR old type OC paired with a KAI SS blade.

OCtober 31st, Sat, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

333C98C9-315A-4118-9C55-9B2C7D16581D.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY HALLOWEEN MORNING, OCTOBER 31, 2020

After shaving with two of my three Japanese straight razors, it was time for a smile! My R. Saito SK3 fit the bill. Just an amazingly smooth jnat edge put there by my son never fails to satisfy. This is the only one of my razors without a jasper stone finished edge, an that’s because I didn’t want to mess with perfection. The bevel is polished to a level of shine I find amazing under the USB microscope, and represents the benchmark edge I strive for with my other straight razors. Shaving with this smiling razor is a joy, buttery smooth, yet amazingly sharp. Two passes (WTG, XTG) put the baby to bed on my mug. It’s one of those velveteen shaves that I find myself touching hours after the event. My dome shave went smoothly as well, leaving me lime-soaked and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), EverReady Streamline (Dome)
BLADE: Gem PTFE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac. Finished with Royall Lyme AS.

Saturday, 10/31:

20201031_124428.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Paladin Halloween 2019 "Phantasia" 26mm 2-band select
Soap - Barrister & Mann Hallows
A/S - Brickell unscented

Halloween is rewarding me with great shaves, another 10/10 offering. This Paladin was absolutely marvelous. The handle's a little small for me, but this knot is tremendous. Reminds me of the Elite Manchurian and Shavemac 2-band silvertip that I love so well; sturdy backbone but soft white tips that give way to splay, a little scrub but very soft face feel, great flow-through and lather generation. The Soft Heart base is great. It loads super easily, I was done in maybe 15 seconds or less. Lathers predictably awesomely. Crazy slick with tons of residual; the razor was a-glidin'. The Nacet was again very good. Liking it! The shave was super close and feels incredibly comfortable.

qUHxAava8vmUg.gif

Happy Halloween!🎃

Razor: Gillette 1907 Model Single Ring
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20201030_103012.jpg