Not open for further replies.
Thursday 10-29 SR Shave
  • Razor - Japanese Vintage 15/16 Hollow grind Razor
  • Brush - Ouma Mother lode synthetic
  • Soap - Spearhead Seaforth Spiced
  • Aftershave - Spearhead Seaforth Spiced

sotd thursday.jpg

30th Oct

Gillette New Improved - New Standard (nickle replate)
Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Simpsons M7 Manchurian
Simpsons Shaving Cream
Thayers WH
TOBS Sandalwood Cologne

Very sharp/aggressive shave, a great way to start the day. I collected about 5 weepers on the final 3rd pass and was calling for the styptic pen.

SOD 30 Oct.jpg

TGIF SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Bakelite Slant
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D11)
Brush: Zenith H1 Horse 28mm
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ¾”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Al's Fougere About It
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Alpa Fougère

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Friday‌ ‌10.30.20 ‌SOTD‌
proxy.php

RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌
RazoRock Silver Hawk V2
Schick P-30 Proline
Maggard‌ ‌Aluminum‌ ‌22mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌
Fine Platinum Shave Soap
Fine Platinum Classic Aftershave

This is an amazing razor/blade combination: smooth efficient long lasting BBS in two passes (wtg and atg). IMHO the Hawk V2 w/Schick P30 is hands down the best shave for the money.

SOTD-WFSR-G_2020-10-29.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Cool Lemon

I must say that was a very, very nice shave. Obviously a single shave doesn’t tell that much, so I’ll continue reporting here for the duration of my “Worlds Finest Safety Razor” training period (however long that may be).

A few things I noticed on the first outing:
  • The head is very comfortable and easy to get into awkward places. I’m one of those “lucky” people with a relatively slim face (which has plenty difficult to reach valleys).
  • The handle is the grippiest one that I’ve experienced — but very comfortable. It passed my handle test straight away (I didn’t notice it during the shave).
  • I usually get a BBS shave easily, but I must say it seemed even easier today.
Definitely two thumbs up to Mr Fine. :thumbup:

Happy shaves all y’all. :cornut:

Thursday night shave

5A0B5B71-76D3-4500-B778-F10975C6E7BB.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense scrub
Soap: Mama Bears's Giovanni's Tuscan Memories
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake Two-Band
Razor: Yaqi Beast on RazoRock radio knob handle
Blade: Astra SP (#3)
Post: Alum followed by hyaluronic acid followed by Dapper Dragon Ice Wyrm balm

Second shave with the Beast. First half (jawline up) of the first pass wasn't so great--I didn't have the angle correct, the lather wasn't nearly slick enough, I forgot to go with the grain (reverting to N-S out of habit), and I got a small weeper for my troubles. Hit the pause button, washed off the remaining lather, added more water to the lather bowl, and started over with much better results. Second pass was good and I found that really riding the cap, such that I could feel the open comb, worked well. Alum stung more than I thought (I blame that first half-pass). The Ice Wyrm was just perfect: not greasy, absorbed quickly, smelled great, and nice cooling for 15 mins or so. Overall result: a DFS and my face feels much better than last night!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D4C7C7DA-72E0-45DA-BF82-A8DC1E5A07A7.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.

Fri 30 OCtober#24 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Parker 26C OC
Blade Gillette Super Platinum
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Excellent soap! Appreciate it more & more. Nice unique scent and great performance. Creamy and slick.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes but not so efficient. Unexpected creeper. Between bbs to dfs. Post & aftershaves always good.
Rating 9/10
20201030_005900.jpg

20201030_104239.jpg

Today's shave: 10/30/2020

PREP: Warm shower - dove face cleanser
PRE SHAVE: Proraso Red and soapy water from the bowl
SOAP: Haslinger Sheep's milk
RAZOR: Lord l6
BLADE: Feather blade (3)
BRUSH: Wilkinson pure bristle
ALUM BLOCK: Osma
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso White Balm

I'd rate today's shave a 9/10.

Today I went the whole nine yards. I did the classic three pass shave with WTG, XTG and ATG. Zero cuts, nicks and irritation. It was my fist time using the haslinger sheep's milk soap and I must say it worked wonders! Very nice protection and hydration. It created lather instantly that lasted for 3+ passes. The feather blade helped alot with having an easy and comfortable shave. Especially for the last two passes I felt that if I had another blade I would have cuts etc. I had some pimples that did not bleed and generally I feel I am closer to a perfect shave. The alum block works wonders as well. I had a tiny bit of stinging and that was it. It left me with a smooth but clean feeling on my skin. I love it. I did enjoy the post shaving feel from the haslinger. I believe it's a great soap. Last but not least, the proraso white balm works fantastically. I like it. The Lord blade works just fine, especially given its price point. It requires the tiniest amount of pressure and you're good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom