What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 21st - October 27th, 2019

10/26/19 Shave of the Day – New Wolfman Razor and Black Magic Bundle 1st uses
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Barber Shop Tobacco and Bay Leaf
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump 47 Conditioning Shampoo Puck (W/ Yucca Root & Cider Vinegar)
The Holy Black Mfg. Co. Black Magic Shaving Soap
Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Wolfman WR2-DC Mirror Polished SS OC: 1.05mm SB: 1.15 gaps with Solid 96mm WRH3 Mirror Polished SS Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Homemade Lemon and Mandarin Infused Witch Hazel with Alum
The Holy Black Mfg. Co. Black Magic Aftershave Splash
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Aloe Vera Gel Made with Organic Aloe Vera
The Holy Black Mfg. Co. Black Magic Eau De Parfum
The Holy Black Dr. Jeckyll Eau de Toilette Fragrance
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sangre De Drago Natural Deodorant - New Sport Strength Formula​

B IMG_6098.jpg

SOTD : 26th October 2019.

e.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Original Source ~ Fresh Water Mint & Guarana Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap : "What The Puck?!"~ Lime Burst.

Blade: Derby Premium.(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s. (Settings) 2. wtg, 2.5 xtg, 3. atg+pick ups .

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture. Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend.

After a 5 minute bloom in hot tap water the WTP?! soap provided a wonderful slick lather for the shave, dipping the tips of the brush in water between each pass, leaving a superb post shave feel.

I've continued using blades, that i've infrequently used in my shaving den.It's been a while since i last shaved with the derby premium blade..When i first start ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i had a very horrible experience with a derby extra blade,which resulted in giving me a nasty bite i was a little apprehensive using the derby premium on it's maiden shave but after the first few seconds of starting the shave i gained confidence very quickly because i now know if a blade is suited to my skin type or not in a few seconds the derby premium i find very smooth with no tugging issues with a smooth efficient edge, which is completely different to it's sibling the derby Extra,however thinking back now it was my 100% lack of technique & shaving confidence that probably resulted in the nasty bite i encountered from the derby extra when i first started out..I still have a few in my vast assortment of DE blades, which i'll add to my blade rotation in future shaves.

The derby premium paired together very comfortably with my Ming Shi 2000s, with the lightest of touch both the razor & blade was a smooth duo slicing through my stubble with effortless ease.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Shave of the day & FFfOctober
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade : Voskhod #4
Brush: Maseto Silvertip, 27mm knot
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
ASB: Nivea
EDT: Declaration
IMG_0376a.JPG

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (1.5/1)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: APR Bombora
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a stellar Saturday :thumbup:

Declaration Grooming | Massacre of the Innocents
DrivenLegend Red & Black | APShaveCo Tuxedo 30mm
Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE
Parfums de Marly | Herod

proxy.php

I am quite pleased to have acquired one of the latest offerings from Declaration Grooming. Massacre of the Innocents is influenced by Parfums de Marly's Herod EdP. After using MOTI just once, I was compelled to pick up a bottle of Herod. This is a lovely cool weather fragrance. The soap and splash do a nice job of approximating the essence of Herod but certainly can't begin to replace it as there is a level of depth and intricacies that are simply not possible to duplicate in the soap or splash medium. I will thus restrict the following impressions to that of MOTI which is quite enjoyable by itself, but if you find this to be pleasant, I strongly encourage you to acquire a bottle of Herod. You will not be disappointed.

Massacre of the Innocents opens with spicy, woody vanilla with an understated cinnamon. It falls just sort of "festive" to me, and for that I'm grateful. From start to finish, the fragrance maintains this warm, cozy, smoky vanilla, but the cinnamon fades in favor of wood and resin. This is soon met with a well-blended tobacco and cedar essence that's reminiscent of a walk-in humidor where the sweeter blends are just inside the entrance. The whole accord swells and ultimately acquires a conservative pleasant musk base without abandoning the warm, smoky, vanilla and woods.

With regard to performance, this was my second use of Declaration Grooming's "milksteak" base, and it continues to impress. It loads a bit more intuitively than Icarus, but from a personal perspective, nothing will replace the unique marshmallow cream loading of their prior bison tallow base. Milksteak lathers just as easily, requiring a typical amount of water, but going just a bit beyond that will raise the performance level. The results are a dense, creamy lather that's quite reminiscent of Icarus. After having used this twice, I feel like the primary and residual slickness that was already outstanding in Icarus, has been improved upon with Milksteak. The post-shave is stellar, but given the performance of today's most elite artisanal soaps, I can't say Milksteak has made a dramatic level change. It's just difficult to even conceive of something beyond perfect which is where I believe about five artisans are right now, yet they're all quite different. Some post-shaves have a natural feel, as if I'd never dragged a blade across my scalp. Others provide a moisturized sensation, and some of those last all day long. Then there are others that leave my scalp feeling silky. I really enjoy all of these "types" of post-shave. My impression of Milksteak is that it's in the "natural" category. I don't want to be the one to pump the hype brakes, because this base is without question one of the best I've used. However, it seems like a natural progression from an artisan who is attempting to tweak as opposed to overhaul.

One aspect I have not mentioned, yet is probably important to some, is the animalic coloring from the Icarus base. I did note this with Icarus, particularly with it's debut fragrance, Santal Auster, but it didn't particularly bother me. I found that airing out the tub was enough to mitigate this effect. In more robust fragrances like Darkfall, I never picked up on these overtones as compared to the bison base. It is my understanding that Milksteak strives to overcome this hurdle, and it may have been the impetus for the formula change. I certainly looked for the animalic coloring in this base, but I could not detect it. Since I was never particularly sensitive to it, I'll let others make that judgment. As per Jason Rudman's review of the unscented Milksteak, it would seem to be a non-issue, now, and that alone may very well be the reason some "upgrade" their favorite scents from Declaration Grooming.

BONUS PIC

proxy.php

Excellent write-up

- Ken
[emoji1690]

Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS
Blade: Feather
Brush: Vie-Long Synthetic
Shave Soap: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming Trismegistus
EdP: Terre D'Hermes Eau Intense Vetiver

proxy.php

Fatip Zebrano Wood Razor
Kai Stainless Steel Blade
Cremo Horsehair Brush
Col Conk Bay Rum Shave Soap
Duke Cannon Ice Cold Balm
Clubman Pinaud Brandy Spice AS

SOTD - 2019.10.26
Growth: 48h
Brush: Botiho - ŌKU by P&P
Soap: Almost Valobra by Frankincense
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Rockwell
Passes: 2 - WTG (3), XTG (3)
Rating: 5/5 - epic

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

An epic shave to wrap up these few weeks traveling thanks to Frankincense’s kindness and his beautiful soap.
His handmade soap can only be described as exquisite; it creates a beautiful dense, rich and slick lather with a post shave feel like few.
Thank you so much Fran for giving me the opportunity to enjoy your creation. From now on, this soap has become my travel companion.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

SOTD - Saturday 26 October 2019

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino / Koraat - Leonardo da Vinci - 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Faux Horn - 2.0 - 27mm Fan (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Beta 4.3 - Special Edition
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Splash
  • Fragrance: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - EdP (100 ml)

• Prep: Cold water
  • Razor : Koraat 8/8 (1/4 hollow)
  • Lather: Wickham Apricus
  • Brush: Yaqi Moka Express with Synthetic Knot
  • After-shave: Cold water --> Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary)

2019-10-26

Ikea Bowl ¤ SOC boar/badger ¤ 5/8" Kapitän Lindbergh
D. R. Harris Arlington Soap, Aftershave Milk & Cologne

proxy.php

26 OCtober 19
Razor:
Razorock GC.84P OC
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Giotto Synthetic brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Saponificio Varesino – Dolomiti
Aftershave: Fine Platinum splash
Additional Care: Thayer’s WH
IMG_20191025_051128.jpg

Saturday SOTD

Ever Ready 1914
GEM PTFE (3)
Mike's Bay Rum
Vie-Long BGS2012 Butterscotch Beehive Natural Horse
Skin Bracer​

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Executive Man
Soap: Bulgari Man in Black
Razor: Vintage Gillette Pre-War Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Personna Med Prep (6)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Bulgari Man in Black EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Bulgari Man in Black today. 20 seconds to load the RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra g Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the Fat Handle Tech. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Man in Black EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

Saturday 26th October

Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Nanny's Traditional Warm Spice Shaving Soap
Simpson's 'Eagle G3' Badger Brush
TNNSER 3D with a GEM SS PTFE Blade
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
Old Spice Original AS
Macadamia Oil

2 passes for a superb shave :)

Top Bottom