Soap Tabac
Brush BOTI 26mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette Winner #2
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman VIBR Bootlegged
Excellent lather as usual.
Excellent shave with razor paired with blade. Very smooth and comfortable for 3passes. Between bbs and dfs.
No issues because did not chase for perfection...
Excellent post & aftershave. All in an excellent shave! Rating 9.8/10
20201025_150050.jpg

Razor: Maggard Slant head on WCS Handle
Blade: Astra SS
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man sample
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport
Skipped the bowl and gave face lathering a go today. It was a pleasant experience! 2 pass shave could have stopped at one, or at least I should have stayed off my chin for the second pass. I got going too quick and sliced the corner of my chin, all the blood! Stypic pencil burned pretty good. Ohhh well live and learn, gotta stay a SWB. DFS on the rest of my face though. Have a great day y’all!
E915275B-A61B-4202-A107-294D5AE636C6.jpeg

Date:- 25 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Pumpkin Spice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTD, Sunday, October 25, 2020

Beautiful brush from PAA. A real winner, and in butterscotch, too. As always, Tabac doesn't disappoint. Beautiful cushion and slickness. A wonderful shave, very little feedback on the alum block. Loved it. Have a great Lord's day, Gentlemen!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Rockwell 6C (plate 5, all 3 passes)
Blade: 7am Plus Hi Platinum Durablade (2)
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare 24mm
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SOTD-FM-W_2020-10-25.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/44 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
ASL: Cool Lemon

Another fine shave. :wink2:

The Marvel's doing just fine. :lol1:

Just like the previous shave with the Marvel, the Shavemac Pure felt even better today. I'll attempt to explain how after a few more shaves with it.

This kit is definitely a Fab Five (for me).

Happy shaves guys! :cornut:

50FBFDDC-7F10-4951-8306-6D66BF60D3E6.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 25, 2020

Although the morning was a bit gloomy and cold, the shave certainly was not. My usual shave prep consists of a bracing, cold water rinse followed by an Argan Oil scrub. This is then followed by brush application of the MWF bloom water to the shave surfaces. The MWF paste follows, and is face and head lathered into the lanolin-rich, protective carpet that leaves behind post shave the incredible skin feel this legendary shave soap is renowned for.The shave proved to be awesome. I attribute it to a combination of both tools and technique.

At TSD the ‘technique trumps tools’ mantra is the theme new 30DC crew members are taught, and there is a great deal of truth inherent in the saying. Good technique is the mainstay of decent, acceptable shaves with basic tools. However, every craftsman will readily admit that the best tools yield better results, or else why is there so much interest in the best DE blade, the best safety razor design, the optimal knot characteristics, the best cream/soap, or the best best edge on our open edge tools. The beauty of this hobby of ours, is its subjective nature! We qualify every review/assessment with YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

In that spirit I found this morning’s shave to be exemplary. The Puma 5/8’s jasper stone finished edge was a true delight to shave with. My son has a huge honing stone collection, everything from synthetic water stones, natural water stones, oil stones, slates, jnats, and dry ceramic stones. There are probably many that would provide a better edge, but I like the mug shaves from my jasper stone edges on all my straight razors.. My dome shave with my Supply 2.0 safety razor was every bit as good. Daily shaves with my straight razors and safety razors have definitely improved my technique, but focusing on acquiring the best shave tools has also paid off. I feel cool, clean and smoothly velveteen.

RAZOR: Puma Solingen 5/8 (Mug), SS Supply 2.0 (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Twinjector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Chiseled Face Natural AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom