SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 19th - October 25th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, OCtober19th,2020

Razor:Gem Damaskeene open comb- MFG 1912-15, Excellent milder mid range, good daily driver. They got it right 108 yrs ago IMO.
Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Still manufacturing, Remnants of A.S.R. Corp umbrella of different shaving Companies.
Soap: Tabac- excellent lather qualities with a clean mild flowery scent.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 plissoft 24mm- closest brush Imation of my Omega boar brush. Good brush for a scrub.
Pre shave:Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem 1912 Damaskeene O.C with a Gem teflon coated blade!

GEMonday.Oct19th. 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Timeless Razor OC\BRW Bull Mastiff
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: WildWestBrushworksw Romera 24mm Silvertip
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Soap: Neumann Absolute Zero
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling Gel
Aftershave: Neumann Absolute Zero

Monday, 10/19:

20201019_093542.jpg

Razor - Raw Shaving RS-10, mild
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Craving Shaving "Mojave" 26mm Crave
Soap - Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
A/S - Brickell unscented

Man, this razor is just awesome. One of the most efficient "mild" shaves in my den. I started off bowl lathering the soap. I'm not a big fan of the consistency of the lather CC produces, but it does always give great slickness and residual. The razor glided so easily, and my shave was very close and eminently comfortable. Awesome!

4A18AD32-0642-48CF-B0C6-07E14BAF470E.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 19, 2020

I’m really enjoying my shaves with these early 19th century Sheffield razors. Setting the bevel on this wavy Frederick Reynolds 5/8 was a challenge, but the two pass mug (WTG, ATG) shave this morning was well worth it. The buttery smooth edge made short work of my 24 hour stubble. I realize given the closeness of these shaves that I could easily get away with shaving every other day, but I just enjoy the process too much. My Ever Ready Streamline took care of my dome shave leaving me with the expected velveteen smoothness I’ve come to treasure in the mornings. I feel refreshed, limey-clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds 5/8 (Mug), Ever Ready Streamline (Dome)
BLADE: Pella PTFE Coated Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR #372 Boar
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS Splash/Cologne

20200719_082022.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb Gold Bumpless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
cartoon1603044126543.jpg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So today's Shave is Dedicated to the Amazing new Friends from the great country of Australia 😍👍😍🥰😍👍🥰
As you all know I like to give away Smiles, today as I retrieved the mail I found a Package from Tony Forsyth (TF custom shaving brushes) as I opened the package from Down under and as my eyes fixed on the contents of the package I have not stopped smiling ear to ear 🥰 a TF custom brush with a 28mm Rhodium hand tied badger knot . Thank you Razor and Brett and whoever else took part in this amazing gift 🥰
I can honestly say that it is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me and I will cherish it.
So today I just had to use my favorite set up, Razors, soap and blades and now this amazing brush 🥰🥰🥰
Finished it all off with simply the best skin food for My face (thanks Frank)
What a Great Shave!!!!
PXL_20201019_162501469.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg
PXL_20201019_163410912.PORTRAIT-02.ORIGINAL.jpg
PXL_20201019_163240583.PORTRAIT-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

Hello to all!

Today's (10/19/2020) shave consisted of:

Hot shower prep

Wilkinson sword pure Badger brush

Wilkinson vintage razor (the metallic butterfly)

Proraso pre shave green

Arko comfort shaving cream

Wilkinson sword blades (fourth shave)

Proraso aftershave lotion green

Nivea sensitive balm

Nivea moisturising cream for men

I'd rate it a 6.5/10

First of all, arko cream creates more than enough lather and preps the skin for a comfortable shave and smells nice.

However i had a worse shave than yesterday. Wilkinson razor and blade combination is sharp enough but i had some pain, cuts and irritation on my neck during the second XTG pass. I guess i should let more days pass in between shaves because if i shave every day i experience discomfort. Of course I'm still relatively new but just saying. The post shave feel was ok and the Arko cream doesn't leave your skin dry like the Wilkinson cream. That being said, the proraso red soap has given me the best shave up to today in comparison to creams.

The Wilkinson razor and blade performed ok but the lord l6 with lord platinum blade gave me a smoother shave. Has anyone had any issues with the Wilkinson razor?? It's thought to be a good razor.

After i slashed cool water to close the pores i used the proraso aftershave which stung as expected but it was ok. I followed up with Nivea sensitive balm and Nivea moisturising cream for men that helped calm my skin.

That's all for today. I hope somebody finds this helpful and any advice is welcome!

Mike
20201019_212439.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom