What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 19th - October 25th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 24th October 2020.

View attachment 1172878

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face .

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)

Face Lather.

Soap : Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime Shaving Bar.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidable. (1)

Razor: Parker 24c.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Superdrug ~ Forest Fresh ASL.
Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...second outing with the Eco Warrior shaving bar using it like a shave stick again which provided a adequate slick protective lather for the full shave with no dissipating or drying out issues in-between each pass leaving a great post shave feel to my skin.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Parker OC good razor👍

Sat 24 OCtober#19 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Le Piment DE la Vie
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette 1920 Single Ring
Blade Tatra Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Really enjoyed this soap. Love the scent and lather performance is good too.
Shave with the razor paired with this blade was excellent. Not many blades can pair well with the razor. The Tatra is one of my top blade! Sharpish yet smooth and comfortable for 3passes without issues. Mostly bbs to dfs. With excellent post & aftershave...
Rating 9.8/10
20201024_132018.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Saturday‌ ‌10.24.20 ‌SOTD‌
DSCF0001.jpg

RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
Ikon B1 Slant DLC.OSS handle
Personna‌ ‌Platinum‌ ‌Chrome‌ ‌Israeli‌ ‌Red‌
Maggard‌ ‌Aluminum‌ ‌22mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
RazoRock Mudder Focker Shave Soap
RazoRock Mudder Focker After Shaving Splash

- Razor: Fatip Gentile with UFO Colibri handle
- Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
- Brush: Simpsons Classic 1
- Soap: AdP Colonia Collezione Barbieri
- After-shave: Myrsol Plastic Shave
- EDT: Penhaligon’s English Fern

First time with the Fatip Gentile. Single pass WTG. It is a Fatip and it is efficient. I need more shaves with it to give a verdict, but as a first impression I think the OC version felt smoother

image.jpg

Date:- 24 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matt SS 'SB-C' / Vintage Gillette Aussie 'Gold' Spoiler #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss

10/24/2020

Today I used the following:

Prep: Warm shower and I cleansed my face with dove cremesoap
Pre shave: Proraso green
Razor: Wilkinson classic metallic butterfly
Blade: Wilkinson sword
Brush: Wilkinson pure bristle 19''
Soap: Proraso red soap
After shave: Proraso Green lotion
Hydration: Nivea for men

Overall I had a comfortable shave even though I had just shaved yesterday. Only bad moment when I lost my concentration and cut my self pretty deep on my chin. I guess i'm still a rookie and kinda clumsy. I did two passes, one WTG and one XTG during which I got cut. It's really easy to get cut when you had been applying pressure for years with a cartridge razor. My muscle memory is still developing I guess!

The soap is ok but as the days pass I realize the difference with other better ones. It does the job though. Same goes for the razor. It does the job but it's very mild. Sometimes I don't even realize I am shaving. I enjoyed the small knot brush. It's still not broken in but I enjoy it. Very easy to load with lather. The wilkinson blade was brand new and gave an effortless shave. It's mild but with a slight "bite". The aftershave is ok. It helped with the bleeding. The Nivea moisturizing creme gives me a soft and hydrated face.

That's about it for today. I will leave some days before I shave again cause I want the cuts to heal and some small pimples to go away before I put a razor on my face again!

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom