Tabac Shave Stick
Yaqi metal handle 24mm synthetic
Pinaud Clubman

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac Craftsman

SOTD - Tuesday 26 October 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped - 0.68mm - TRH6 - Titanium - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Anvil Shaving - Moralltach Dunfierth Chestnut Hybrid - 26mm Fan (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Chiseled Face / Zoologist - Panda

Oct 26th
PreshavePAA Mentholated Cube
BrushSOC Ash Wood Finest Badger
BowlCC Copper
SoapB&M Hallows Soft Heart base
RazorWolfman WR2 1.15 SB
BladeWizamet Polsilver Stainless (26)
Post ShaveAlum followed by Witch Hazel
After ShaveB&M Hallows Splash
BalmB&M Hallows Balm
FragB&M Hallows Frag
RatingDFS+ 9.7/10 No irritation and One nick

Hallows shave with Soft Heart base this time. No itchiness that I had with Hallows Excelsior base. Maybe it was something else. I will try again with the Excelsior. I took two days growth down with the WR2 1.15. My neck is pretty smooth for the most part. My chin, soul patch, and, upper lip could be better. Next week I will add the shim to try 1.25. It was a good shave. I didn't chase BBS which I wouldn't achieve anyway. Alum gave very little feedback. There was no irritation, though I did get a small nick going ATG on the underside of my chin. The Unobtainium blade performed stellar once again. I got my Wizamet Iridium Supers made in Poland yesterday. I really want to shave with one of those and see how long they last. If the Stainless is any indication I see good things for my favored blade in it's vintage incarnation. Then again, I also want to try my other vintage blades. Patience was never one of my virtues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom