SOTD-1947-GT-B_2021-10-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: La Toja
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Silver Star (1)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:

Due to all the Silver Star stuff going on today (after @JasonJT's post HERE) I had to use one this evening. It's been about ten months since I last used a Silver Star.

Well, as much as I've loved them in the past, tonight's Silver Star felt a bit scratchy. Next shave I'll go back to my benchmark blade (the Personna Red) to make sure it's as smooth as ever... and not my skin (or mind) that's playing tricks.

I still got a great shave, but just missing that ultra blade smoothness of the good ol' Red.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Tuesday 19th October 2021
311ADB6C-5360-40DF-B27C-1DD804CCDF15.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSalt Lake Amalfi, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Synthesis G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTimeless Slim OC, USA 🇺🇸
BladeShark Super Chrome, Egypt 🇪🇬
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragrancePAA Honeysuckle, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8.5/10

OCtober Tues 19 SOTD
Soap OSP Bayrum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Single Ring
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 3rd use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
This is a wonderful soap! Lovely bayrum scent, rich creamy and very slick lather...
A great shave with the antique razor paired with the excellent blade! Crisp, smooth, and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues.
20211019_102111.jpg

SOTD : 19th October 2021.

27.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Derby Premium. ( D3)
Razor: Kanzy K100.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The Derby Premium /Kanzy K100 duo paired together wonderfully. The Kanzy K100 razor isn't the most efficient razor but it gives a close acceptable shave.

It's been quite a while since i last used the cella shaving cream and forgot how much of a wonderful performer it is...Every time i use it's scent reminds me of Cherry Bakewell Tarts...If i had to pick a favourite cream/soap ASL duo then the classic old school Cella Crema Da Barba & P&G Old Spice original aftershave would be a very strong contender. 😍

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D9737F4A-C996-4743-99C6-AA4D7AF64E6B.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Disposable. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk Cologne.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SOTD - Tuesday 19 October 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar - 0.50mm - TRH8 - Titanium - SLIM Edition - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Zenith - 507MC - 26mm Bulb (Manchurian Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: PannaCrema - Nuàvia Nera
  • After-Shave Balm: PannaCrema - A Nero
Bravo, the shot! Love the way you positioned the multi-colored brush as a point of focus.

4AEFE35B-D627-4324-A56A-849FFEF18C36.jpeg

D5076704-B40A-4939-A2A9-EFBE77171B6E.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 19, 2021

I do love vintage razors. My son urged me to acquire this Smith Bros. of Boston straight razor (1860-1910) when we came across it in an antique mall. The blade was tarnished black. Since I was buying a costly piece of commercial stoneware, the dealer tossed it in for nothing. Some elbow grease, cleaned up most of the blade, but the original horn scales were insect eaten. The steel was quite hard, so it took a while to set a decent bevel, and that first shave was quite good with it. My friend Bill honed it to his liking, and also commented on how much he liked the shave.

I decided to keep it, and sent it off to the well-known Sandpoint, ID beauty spa for a makeover, and boy do I like the result. Glen Mercurio took a sow’s ear and created a silk purse. The blade was totally cleaned up, and the new scales fit the razor much better IMO, and really do make a difference, not just aesthetically, but also balance-wise. The razor delivered a fabulous three pass mug shave, and just glided through the slick MWF lather generated by the Tuxedo synth knotted, Rearden Razor 1lb 316L SS brush.

For my noggin shave I grabbed the Christopher Bradley razor from Karve Shaving fitted with an OC baseplate and wide body top cap which encloses the blade tabs. This safety razor was my first non-vintage purchase several years ago. The original cap didn’t enclose the blade tabs. As a result, I ended up unintentionally nicking my early on. The newer wide body top cap made a great difference. This morning’s OC October two pass ATG shave left me velveteen smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Smith Bros. 6/8 (Mug), Karve w/ OC E Plate (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Handle with Tuxedo Synth Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom