Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
I ditched the Lord Platinum blade and decided to go with a new razor and a new blade: Merkur 37C and Kai. This was the first use of a Kai in the 37C and the result was outstanding. An incredibly smooth, close shave. I decided to go with the GD Asinus and will stick with that soap for a few more days. The Paladin Lotus did an excellent job making some nice lather. A perfect shave today. BBS with no irritation. Have a great day and weekend gents

I've had a cold for six days. During the week I didn't feel like shaving while ill. So when I finally got down to business today, I had a week worth of stubble to get rid of.
I started with a shower and exfoliation. Put a feather blade in my Merkur Progress ready for its second use.
I use the very nice Tobs Grapefruit and had a very nice shave.
Then I was bold enough to use the lilac vegetal for the first time!
Luckily the wife thought it smelled like baby wipes and not cat **** lol
IMG_20211023_152644872.jpg

E2192E9C-E95C-4ABD-8002-7766BE0C264C.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 23, 2021

This morning’s shave was quick and efficient. The F. Herder 49 15/16 made quick work of my mug whiskers. Two passes with some final buffing and flatblading cleaned up my neck nicely leaving me quite smooth. The MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth has great backbone and works beautifully in accompaniment with my favorite MWF. The lather felt good on my face, and even better on my dome. The Gillette Fatboy’s bulky TTO head design only works well for me when wide open. Two ATG passes noggin passes left me more than acceptably smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: F. Herder 49 15/16 (Mug), Gillette Fatboy (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Aluminum Handled Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Rabid Banana AS Balm.

SOD Saturday October 23, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (62)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have a great weekend!
IMG_7887.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 23rd 2021

Razor: Gillette New Long comb, fat handle + Canadian variant-Mfg 1930's N.D.Codes, mid range, a lot of copper for what ever reason on top cap & handle & the rest is brass. I get really close shaves & have to be a little more careful with this razor. I have another one & it shaves better because of the ball end handle feel IMO.
Blade: GSB(5) Excellent blade, sharp & smoooth with good longevity. One of my favorites.
Soap: Speick, nice mild spicy scent with excellent lather qualities. You can get a great creamy lather if you play with it a little longer by applying to face and just paint and scrub a little after bowl lather loading.( I just press some in the bowl)
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm (scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + some irritation + 2 blemish weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Gillette New OC with a GSB.
SOTD, Oct 23, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20211022_083909.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1910 ABC Pocket Edition #503B, Gold floral pattern
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter The Noir et Vanille
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder