What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 15th - October 21st, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/21/18 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with The Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood and Citrus with Charcoal and Cocoa Soap
Crown King Planet 9 Shampoo/Conditioner Puck with Cider Vinegar, Yucca & Manuka
The Holy Black Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde Shaving Soap
Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Charcoal Goods Dark Antique Brass Closed Comb Level 2 Head with Tritium Bishop Handle
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 6th Shave
RazoRock Alum Block
The Holy Black Dr. Jeckyll Aftershave Splash
The Holy Black Dr. Jeckyll Eau De Toilette Fragrance
The Sudsy Soapery 100% Natural Rain Deodorant

B IMG_5236.jpg

proxy.php

ATT Windsor C R / Gillette Super Platinum
Shavemac 26x52 Silvertip 2-Band
‘Starry Night’ Shave Bowl by Symmetrical Pottery
Tabac Shave Soap
Floïd Vigoroso ASL with added menthol

SOTD : 21st October 2018.

25.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Arko Maximum Comfort.

Blade: Ladas Super Stainless .(2)

Razor: Baili BD 191 .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Comfort Cologne + A/S Balm.

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report..The arko max-comfort cream is superb, only a small amount is required for a excellent slick protective lather, leaving a good post shave feeling.

The baili/ladas s.s. blade duo performed together wonderfully with no issues of pulling or dragging.The pears glycerin soap is a great pre shave, and since i've started to use it with every shave my preparation has vastly improved, resulting in some comfortable irritation-free shaves.

Finishing the shave off with a generous generous dollop of Arko~Comfort A/S Balm.

My face is feeling smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
20-10-2018

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Hallows :: Morris & Forndran :: Paradigm 17-4, astra :: Myrsol, After shave blue :: 444

proxy.php

21-10-2018

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Lavanille :: Liojun Shaving :: Cobra, Kai mild :: Old spice

proxy.php

Salut!

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

2018-10-21

Ikea bowl ¤ H.L. Thäter Bruyére Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Wacker Jugendstil
Nanny's Rose Geranium ¤ Myrsol Agua Balsamica ¤ Pen's Blenheim Bouquet EDT

proxy.php

Sunday October 21, 2018
Razor: Timeless .68 OC
Blade: Gillette Rubie (2)
Brush: Paladin 26 mm Lime Lotus
Soap: CBL Ghost Lime
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Marvilla
Aftershave 2: Avon Island Lime
IMG_20181021_063606346.jpg

proxy.php

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA FILARMONICA Sub Cero 14 NOS
Brush: ROMERA 2° Aniv. LE Manchuriam Finest Fan 28x52 mm
Lather: HTGAM Synergy 1.0 “Cavendish Tobacco”
Aftershave: CUBA GOLD
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión​

Sunday
Pre-shave: Bulldog Face Scrub
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Bolzano Super Inox
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
Balm: Burberry Brit

SOTD - Sunday 21 October 2018

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Blackland - Blackbird SB
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Grizzly Bay - Maui - Synbad - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Scuttle: Yoresh
  • Shaving Soap: Mickey Lee Soapworks - Jefferson Square
  • Fragrance: Rebul - Lavanda

SOTD, Sunday, October 21st, 2018

Shower + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Creed Green Irish Tweed shave soap
Shavemac badger brush
Kai folding shavette + Feather Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Creed GIT cologne

proxy.php

10/21/18
Haslinger "Shafmilch"
Shavemac Custom Silvertip
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Tony Miller 3" Premium Fast Bridle Strop
RazoRock Alum Stick
Speick
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Versace "Pour Homme"
SOTD10-21-18.jpg

The Holy Black | Jeckyll & Hyde
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

My only prior experience with The Holy Black's products is with The Club exclusive "Decadence". It's a really nice set, but I seldom use it because gourmands aren't my first choice. However, I will admit that each time I use it I'm surprised by its performance. Honestly, when a brand touts this much moxie and bravado, I find myself suspecting they're compensating for a glaring inadequacy. In my experience this deficiency is usually in execution. In reality their artisan tallow base is the real deal, loading easily and quickly yielding a thick, dense lather. First swipe and residual slickness are still above average (in a world where "average" continues to be bumped up). Post-shave is good, but I wouldn't skip a post-product.

Jeckyll & Hyde is as advertised, replete with unabashed gimmicky packaging containing a few pearls. From the box's exterior to deep within, The Holy Black managed to capture the Robert Louis Stevenson gothic along with childhood Halloween frivolity all without compromising the gritty tenacity of the brand. That said, unless the product is really special, I often skip releases such as these out of interest of storage space alone. Fortunately, the Jeckyll & Hyde products don't require a special stand à la The Tell-Tale Heart Box Set, and can stand on their own with a modest footprint. My only criticism of the packaging is with the wax seals. I know it looks cool and is certainly in line with the motif, but personally I don't like how my first use of the product forever removes the original presentation. Additionally, while the wax cleanly peeled away from one bottle, the other proved to be quite messy and wax still remains. Interestingly, the bottle that caused all the trouble was the "Mr. Hyde" splash. I could have scored along the top of the cap thereby preserving much of the wax, but to me that still betrays the original aesthetic. The highlight for me, in terms of packaging, is the beautifully detailed rendering of silhouettes and bloody skull on the ceramic soap dish lid. It is just striking artwork and a suitable centerpiece.

As to the fragrance, I will never use the Hyde EdT again. It exhibits a nauseatingly overused patchouli slammed up against a very artificial sandalwood with a sickly saccharine sweet undertone. How this could ever be described as dark, I'll never know. I did my best to wash it off, so I can make no further comments vis-à-vis dry down and longevity. Dr. Jeckyll, on the other hand, is more my style, although it doesn't particularly stand out as original. It's a pleasant clean, green, woody fragrance with gentle nondescript citrus highlights. The dry down is pleasant, but again nothing outstanding, with rather linear dry earthy vetiver and sandalwood.

Of course the "experiment" is to mix these individual fragrances in order to tailor them to one's chemistry and taste. I did add a touch of Hyde to my Jeckyll splash and I will concede it indeed contributed to the complexity across all aspects of the fragrance. The folks at The Holy Black compound did the customer right in this respect by providing ample product with which to experiment. Each splash bottle contains 8.5 oz. of product. The EdTs are 50 mL each.

As previously mentioned, there are a couple pearls immediately evident upon cracking open the crate, but I won't spoil it for those who are delaying the grand unboxing until Halloween.

Overall, I'm quite pleased with this acquisition. This was especially unique in that I was able to involve my wife with the unboxing and noted that her interest was piqued along with a little laughter due to one of the hidden gems. After that unique experience, I'm left with a nice product that looks and performs great.

Filarmonica Nuovo 13p
C&S No. 88
RazoRock Plissoft Barber Handle
Alum, Thayer's Lavender Witch hazel, Nivea Sensitive ASB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AOS Kelp Pre-Shave
B&M Reserve Fern
SV Bamboo Brush
Timeless .95 OC
Wilky Lite (1)
Thayer’s Witch Hazel Original
Proraso Green AS Splash