Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20201017_080818.jpg

Today, 10/18/2020 I had the greatest shave since starting with DE shaving!

I preped with a long shower and cleansed my face with Nivea Cleansing Gel with lotus flower. I also left 2-3 days pass in betweem shaves and my face had healed from all irritation and pimples.

I used:

Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Lord platinum ( the one that came in the packaging with the lord l6 razor) in its third shave
Soap: Proraso sandalwood
Brush: Wilkinson Pure Badger
Pre shave: Proraso Green
Aftershave lotion: Proraso Green
Aftershave balm: Noxzema Cool carbon

Apparently the l6 - lord blade combination does work for me. Furthermore, i avoided going against the grain and only did a WTG pass and one diagonal pass, not exactly XTG. All using close to no pressure and being very careful with the angle. I guess very sharp blades are not for me. At least for now!

Mike

Sunday, 10/18:

20201018_115639.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Colorado Razor Designs teak 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Wholly Kaw King of Bourbon
A/S - Brickell unscented

Very good shave. The brush was great whipping up an excellent lather. I was a little stuffed up this morning, but from what I could tell the scent was really good. The razor glided beautifully through the lather, and the shave was close and comfortable. Then I decided I had let my goatee get too long, and I had an open comb in my hand, so screw it, I shaved it off. Lots of little weepers; also not as close as the rest of my face because I've almost never shaved my chin, so I don't have a technique for it. But it's gone. I don't like my face without it, so I'll be growing it back in, but it was fun to try it.

9DEE2B0C-F988-4163-BF0B-0743EC9075AF.jpeg

Razor: WP&R “The Wheel”
Brush: TSS Rein Dachs Klassik. I really like this brush.
Cream: Gillette Pure (I swear I will 3017 this tube yet this month)
AS: OS Hawkridge

“Tied to a wheel, our fingers got to feel
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile”

The straight razor learning adventure continues apace. This vintage 6/8 was the first one I bought and abused, and had it rehoned. I sure have a hard time getting it to shave close though. Just doesn’t seem to have as easy a time with my whisker wires as other straights and not even close to my best safety razors. Call it DFS-minus, I suppose. It’s fine for now but I’ll have to shave again tomorrow. But then, there was no bleeding today.

10/17/20
Tabac
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
11/16 J.A. Henckels #415
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Kingsman Bourbon Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD10-17-20.jpg

10/18/20
L'Occitane Cade Shave Soap
Plisson pour L'Occitane
11/16 Puma #91
Tony Miller 3" Steer Hide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Penhaligon's English Fern
SOTD10-18-20.jpg

769E10FA-A287-40B2-B7E7-067DB4186BF6.jpeg

Razor: Milwaukee Barber Supply “Milwaukee First” by JA Henckels
Brush: Ever-Ready 100
Soap: Williams
AS: Aqua Velva. Early ‘70s vintage in the fishing reel bottle

How about some vintage products today?

The same honer did both this razor and the one I used the last time I shaved with a straight, but the edge on this one seems to work much better for me. Maybe because despite its obvious rough life it’s still a Henckels.

The brush has its original knot. You know, it’s weird, I like old boar knots but not new ones. But I dislike old badger knots and really like new ones. Maybe I just like sparse boars better than sparse badgers.

The brush lathered the Williams perfectly for my needs and the razor did glide. Turned into an excellent straight shave. Solid DFS+.

The Williams soap box says to try Aqua Velva for cool comfort after shaving, because there’s something about an Aqua Velva man. Damn right there is.

Luxurious shave today - 9/10

Razor: Feather Artist SS
Brush: Elite Manchurian Badger
Pre-shave: Proraso green
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
After Shave: Aqua Velva
Balm: Proraso

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom