Sun 18 OCtober#14 SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge #4
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice citrusy lemony lather from the soap.
Shave with razor paired with blade was just acceptable smoothness and comfort. Just complete a 2.5pass for a DFS+ result with 1 nick. Excellent post & aftershave. Rating 8.5/10
20201018_142659.jpg

6A9A4D23-8123-4320-9FAB-37BB2F2C3ED8.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 18, 2020

Well the jury’s out after three shaves, this French Point UK Sheffield Steel Manhattan Cutlery straight razor is an incredible razor. A true whisker-melting shaver that arrived ‘shave ready’ a month or so ago. After the first shave, I finished it on the UF side of my jasper stone with water, and the difference between the two shaves was notable. My relaxing three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave this morning was to Debussy’s ‘Clair de Lune‘ ‘’. I then stropped the Feather FAS-10 in my Valet Auto Strop Model VC3 forty strokes. The dome shave was also a pleasure and left me this morning feeling very smooth, clean and velveteen.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield 13/16 (Mug), Valet Auto Strop Model VC3 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Lush Prince
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice AS Splash.

Yes, she most certainly does. She has been on my office windowsill since our last trip to HI in 2017 and she only stops at night to take a break. Hard to beat the $10 spent for the hours of enjoyment.
I’ve got an elephant that bobs its trunk up and down and flaps it’s ears. It’s amazing how entertaining watching it has been. I really gotta get a life!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 18th 2020

Razor: Schick injector J1- MFG 1957-64- milder mid range, excellent daily driver for some folks.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (2) very sharp, longevity and smooths out over time.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- nice scent with great lather qualities. (First tub spent)
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm Sagrada Familia- Excellent brush for making lather with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: great shave with my Schick J1 injector.

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 17th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom