20201017_113210.jpg

Brush: Semogue 2016 Foro Afeitado LE Finest 66/100
Soap: Goya Cedarwood
Razor: English Gillette New Standard
Blade: Lord Platinum
Aftershave: Goya Cedarwood

00BCFA86-CA5B-4BC2-8775-5F3FB856B5D3.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 17, 2020

There’s nothing like waking up to a lovely, sunny morning, and looking forward to a vintage shave with a particular vintage straight razor! This mid 19th century French Point Boker was beautifully restored by Glen Mercurio (@gssixgun) who cleaned up the blade, repaired the chipped edge and finished it on an Escher Thuringian. This morning’s three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave definitely belongs in the “WOW” category.

My dome shave was every bit as good. The two pass (ATG, ATG) noggin shave my early production (1920) Gillette Big Fellow delivered was every bit as good! And this is one of the reasons I love this hobby of ours! A 170 year old straight and a 100 year old safety razor delivered a professional barber-close shave that really can’t be matched by the plastic multi-blade toys currently in vogue. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Boker French Point 5/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow Early Production [1920] OT Head (Dome)
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys WH. Finished with Osage Rub.
F9583647-DF93-40A8-A194-DF35BF63CB5F.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober 17th, Sat, 2020,-10C or 7F this Sat morning in Northern Alberta Canada.

Razor: Gillette New long comb, Canadian variant-Mfg 1930's NDC, Excellent mid range>.
Blade: GSB (4) excellent blade, sharp & smooth.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville, great scent with great lather qualities. Last of tub for one more shave hopefully!
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather creator, good back bone + cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs+ no irritation + no weepers =Excellent shave with my Gillette New long comb with a GSB.

OCtober 17th, Sat, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & Think safe in these times!

Saturday, 10/17:

20201017_112022.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Opus 26mm HD 2-band gel
Soap - Grooming Dept Soap
A/S - OneBlade balm

What a supremely enjoyable shave. I loaded up this tight little knot (Craig said 26mm but it feels much smaller), and the weight of the handle turned from a billiard ball was hefty and actually helped load up the soap with ease. GD Soap to me smells almost exactly like Luxor, with different emphasis on certain notes, but the same DNA. I love it honestly, and this Janus base: holy moley. Right up there with Siliski, Southern Witchcrafts, and CK-6 as incredible vegan bases that take no prisoners. The brush has nice gel tips, great backbone, and perfect splay, and the lather it created was super creamy, shiny, and slick. Just wow. Combined with the ultra-smooth Tatara, speed limit of 65 mph was blown through at over a hundred. Man was this razor flyin'. So smooth I could take some ATG cleanup strokes in places with no problem just on the residual slickness. The shave is nice and close and comfortable, but today was all about the process, and it just ruled.

This morning is an OCtober shave.

Prep: A long hot shower
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: Feather Blade Shave #8
Aftershave Prep: Alum Block
Aftershave Balm: Nivea Men’s Aftershave Balm for Sensitive Skin.
EDT: Kouros

D50D584F-5AE4-4EC2-BCD2-1AF436AD17D8.jpeg

Razor: Gillette 1907 Model Single Ring
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson's Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

cartoon1602873478654.jpg