Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: DE89 head on WCS handle
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless Black
Soap & A/S: Captain’s Choice Nor’easter
Fantastic shave today, played some Chris Stapleton and took my time, very enjoyable shave.
31207F2E-FA4D-4D4B-A5E8-115C7EA81CD0.jpeg

Wednesday night shave

874DABFA-7C6D-478C-9EA1-3D8806546093.jpeg

Pre: Noxzema face wash
Soap: Captain's Choice lime sample
Brush: Shave Forge boar knot in an AP Shave Co. handle
Razor: Gillette N2 1968 Slim, setting 8
Blade: Astra SP (#4)
Post: Alum followed by Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin aftershave

A middling shave. Rough on the first pass taking down the bulk of the stubble, then relatively easy second pass, though not especially efficient. Soap was just so-so and I noticed some irritation from it. On the positive side, the aftershave was great!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2D4703A8-3671-4750-AD03-8354052AC508.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) Vietnam: Razor Gillette Blue 2 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Vera Wang for Men.

SOTD : 15th October 2020.

thursday.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Turkish Unbranded Boar.

Face Lather.

soap : Arko Shave Stick.

Blade: Ladas Super Stainless. (2)

Razor: Lord L125.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Comfort A/S Cologne.

Wilko ~ Men's Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

A wonderful razor / blade combo to finish my shaving week off in style.

The Egyptian made razor is another razor i've infrequently used since it was passed on to me today is another example to myself that you don't need expensive shaving products to have socially acceptable shaves...However, it's always nice to use my what i consider "posher shaving items" in my den, but equally the same with my least expensive as i appreciate both and get the same pleasure & enjoyment from both.
I never forget my humble beginning's when i first entered into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Thu 15th SOTD with New Yaqi Slant Head
Soap
Cella
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi Slant (New Slant Head) replaced by RR G37 Slant
Blade Gillette Super Nacet 2nd
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Old Spice + Cella Balm
Good soap but too mild a scent. Enjoyed the luxuriously thick creamy slick lather though.
Shave with this new Slant head paired with blade was really an experience! It was ohh wow so aggressive with the blade almost pointing out directly between the top cap and base plate. 1st wtg pass was so carefully riding the cap but still suffered 2 weepers. 2nd xtg caused a few more weepers. Gave up...hahaha. Used the RR37 Slant to finished rest of the shave. So much more smoother and comfortable shave with bbs to dfs result. Good post & aftershave. Rating 7.5/10
View attachment 1168737
View attachment 1168738
Comparison of the Yaqi and RR G37 Slant head. On the Yaqi head...the blade feel is really evident..
20201015_064108.jpg

SOTD, October 15, 2020

Have a great day, Gentlemen!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Voskhod [1]
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block​
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub​
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent​
cold water splash​
SOTD 10-15-2020 (1).jpg

Date:- 15 October 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Voskhod #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (20 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (15) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

A4542D84-E2C9-4125-B714-317E30EFF942.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 15, 2020

Another great mug shave followed by a decent dome shave. The Dubl Duck Goldedge is just a great razor that really holds a great edge. My son’s pasted strop regimen followed by a leather strop is really maintaining my straight edges beautifully. My youngest grandson, Nate, Ben’s ‘happy surprise’ child -his next oldest sib is 17 yrs older - spent the night with us. He’s having some adjustment issues with his niece, he’s three, she’s 6 months, moving in as his sister after losing her mother recently. In any case, my dachshund, Gromit, adores Nate, and the two of them get into all sorts of mischief together. I was up at 5:00 AM and in the middle of my straight mug shave when the two of them burst into the bathroom with Nate shouting “boo” and Gromit barking excitedly, leading to a minor set down error on my neck and a grouchy grandma shooing the two of them down for breakfast. In any case, I finished the mug shave successfully and completed my dome shave with my Fatip Piccolo sweeping away the yogurty thick, slick MWF lather, leaving me clean, smooth and velveteen.

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Fatip Piccolo (Dome)
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR #374 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom