SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 12th - October 18th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_3065.JPG

Razor: Gillette Old Type 1921-28/Gillette Platinum
Brush: Yaqi sagrada Familia
Soap: B&M Seville
AS: Lucky Tiger

All my other razors are packed for this week's cross country move, so it's all Shake Sharp. Twin Derby Extra blades on their second shave performed way better than expected. Beautiful shave. Will flip the blades tomorrow. (Yes the blades are askew in the photo lol)

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Monday, 10/12:

20201012_093601.jpg

Razor - Blackland Vector
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - Shavemac ivory 25mm silvertip
Soap - Paladin Crossroads
A/S - APR Fenchurch

These shaves would be fantastic if it just weren't for the tugging on the first pass! I'm beginning to think this might even be a bad blade I'm using. I'm gonna switch to a Schick Proline tomorrow and see if that makes a difference. Everything else about using this razor I really enjoy. The angle is easy, the handle and grip are really comfortable, and the thin head is incredibly precise. The brush for today was incredibly soft and made for a great face lather. Very nice performance from the soap, albeit probably not a good day to use something so strongly mentholated. Holy crap was that cold. The results are smooth and pretty close, and no irritation. Very good!

839FFC79-8AE9-48FF-99DB-1627B6624573.jpeg

Milksteak fan for life. I love this stuff and live in fear of the day he changes that formula.

That Grizzly Bay was my first higher end brush and it’s still my favorite, never goes into storage.

Blackland Sabre is the best lately. Find myself not reaching for anything else, or even contemplating it.

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom