Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skin Food
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Back to the Feather – Feather combo. The 7th shave with this combo. The Ethos Unscented has been used 22 times. Another good lather and a nice close, smooth shave. Have a good day.

SOD Sunday October 17, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (57)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

IMG_7843.jpg

Razor: Gillette - 1951 SuperSpeed
Blade: Personna Super Stainless - Electro-Coated (7)
Brush: Yaqi - Rainbow 26mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Squadron - Red Lead
Aftershave: PAA - Malbolge
93A20F5E-FFA9-4C38-9224-AEF2BBEEB3AE.jpeg

Personna Repair Kit
On my last shave with a first time use AutoStrop and vintage Valet blade I ran a little roughshod over my mouth and chin area. I did post that I had been scrapping it pretty vigorously, but it seemed to get worse as the day progressed. Red and raw with mini scabs all over. I was considering skipping my shave today.

Enter the magical vintage Personna blade on its seventh outing along with my newly acquired 1951 SuperSpeed. Incredible! The blade shaved cleanly over those damaged areas as sweetly as “kiss my hand”. In fact looking at my post shave face, it appears that it actually healed all existing damage. I hardly had any reaction after slapping on the after-shave, even though PAA is pretty high on the alcohol/burn ratio.

Squadron shave soap always gives me a nice thick and slick lather, but personally I’m not too fussy about the scent of ”Red Lead”. Luckily it’s mild and the scent gets lost to the nose after a minute or two. It truly was a team player in this shaves production.

77346DE0-5C47-4022-81B8-B40602C7F4C4.png

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 17, 2021

There are many in our community who downplay Chinese Gold Dollar razors. I admit that quality control has been an issue along with the quality of the steel. But this Gold Dollar was purchased from Slash McCoy over a year ago, who honed it using the “Method” he writes about on his Crescent City Razor site. It arrived shave ready, and while a bit harsher than I liked initially, was easily remedied with a few successively diluted slurries on my jasper stone. I really enjoyed the mug shave it delivered this morning. Three passes with some final flatblading, and I’m dolphin smooth.

I really like adjustable safety razors and own several. My Rex Ambassador is my favorite, and I have the new Supply Adjustable on order. My shave this morning featured the new Parker Adjustable purchased for me by my grandson as a get well present following a recent health blip. It appears to be modeled after the Pal, but is much milder, even on its most extreme setting, which I‘d equate to about a 2 on the Rex Ambassador 6 point scale. It took an extra noggin pass this morning to achieve the level of smoothness I like on my dome, but I finally got there.

RAZOR: Gold Monkey 666 (Mug), Parker Adjustable (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 17th 2021

Razor: Schick J1 type injector, Mfg 1957-64, nice mild injector, longer easy to grip handle, good results.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: (Cashmere 24mm)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Schick J1 with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD, Oct 17, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Steve that’s a great story! Happy Anniversary!!
The Yankees are my team. Championships are super hard to come by but I’m glad that they’re consistently competitive. They have some things to address in the off-season so I’m confident they’ll contend again next season.
Take care and have a great evening!
Thanks. I was kidding with my wife, 27 is a significant anniversary because it is the number of World Series victories for the Yankees and the year of the fabled Murders Row line up. Enjoy what is left of the weekend.

SOD Sunday October 17, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (57)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Feather (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

View attachment 1347226
Wow, very nice. I don't think I ever played that one, but wished I did. I still have the Mattel 2 player baseball game - I think Championship Baseball. It kind of had an Intellivision vibe to it.

20211016_083715.jpg

Razor: Schick E1 Butterscotch handle
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SOTD-1947-GT-G_2021-10-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 1947 Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Personna Red (6)
ASL: Chocolate Orange [home brew]

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
I do believe this is my top (hardware and software) team. They certainly played a blinder today. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom