Cream: Proraso Blue

IMG_6440.JPG

20211014_140243.jpg

Preshave: pears glycerin soap in shower + Proraso white Preshave cream

Razor: RazoRock Stealth Slant V4

Blade: Personna Med Blue (3)

Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster

Lather: Canada Shaving Soap + Gillette Lime Shaving Cream

Postshave: Osma Alum Block, Department Store brand Witch Hazel, Fine Clean Vetiver splash and Davidoff Cool Water balm

Friday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather (D5)
Brush: Semogue 2016 LE 2-Band
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½” Walnut/Cherry
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Tallow+Steel Shikoku
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Tallow+Steel Shikoku

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Friday 15th October 2021

54AEB154-CCBB-4159-9115-1169F615C04D.jpeg
PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSaponificio Varesino Cosmos, Italy 🇮🇹
BrushBGB Sunset G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorFaTip Piccolo Slant OC, Italy 🇮🇹
BladeAstra SS, Russia 🇷🇺
Post ShaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Thayers Witch Hazel, USA 🇺🇸
FragrancePAA Red Planet 369, USA 🇺🇸
Rating8/10

OCtober Fatip Fri 15 SOTD
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Scrubby B14 Boar
Razor Fatip OC
Blade Tiger Platinum 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Splash
Just a fantastic soap! Beautiful scent, creamy and slick lather...absolutely love it!
A good shave with the razor paired with the blade. Uneventful in 3 smooth and comfortable passes without issues for a mostly bbs finish. Aftershaves were just awesome.
20211015_095411.jpg

Last edited:
Friday, October 15, 2021.
Flöid pre shave oil. Saponificio Varesino 1945, Manna di Sicilia: Shaving soap & balm aftershave. Bruji, CR1 XL Chubby, two bands badger, 28x50, exotic ebony wood. Thiers-Issard, Spartacus, SG-BD-DIAM-7/8188-A, carbonsong C-135, rosewood scales. Swiss Arabian, Oud aswad, EdT.
IMG_0188.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
D8651D1B-C33E-46A3-B715-687BE960674D.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Schick Ultrex and a Schick Ultra Plus cartridge.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
6) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.

AD7C4252-7D40-4AD6-B0E5-08A4C490F85D.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 15, 2021

Unlike some of you, I started my open edge journey with straight razors, and then began using barber’s razors/shavettes. Now I realize that the term shavette is properly attributed to Dovo who originated it, but it has become common parlance for any replaceable blade open edge shaving device. After a brief fling with DE and injector based shavettes which I found too light, I moved to AC Barber’s razors, starting with the SS model which never felt like a true straight, probably because of the pronounced lip around the edge. The DX was a different story. The only issue I ever had with it was its size. The edge shaved and felt much more like a true straight.

However, it wasn’t until a good friend began talking up this new straight being designed in Switzerland that I began to pay attention. So I bit the bullet and ordered one which was priced comparable to a custom straight out of Ukraine or Latvia. Since I’d held off, I wasn’t eligible for the 30% off deal for the first 100 buyers, which my friend, Bill, participated in, but I do not regret the purchase. Far from it, this is the only shavette/barber’s razor that actually feels like I’m shaving with a well-honed straight, particularly after being fitted with a Feather Super blade. Two mug passes with some final buffing and flatblading on those troublesome neck whiskers, and I was as smooth as I like to be. The Tedalus Essence is just a superbly designed shaver.

Although I wasn’t part of the initial 100 buyers of the Tedalus, I was one of the initial buyers of Fine Shaving’s all SS safety razor entitled the “World’s Finest Razor”. This SS safety razor was, according to Fine Shaving, intended as an homage to the Gillette New LC. The New LC is an awesome OC safety razor. This particular razor was not an OC and is no longer sold by Fine Accoutrements, and that pretty much says it all. It’s a decent razor, but isn’t in the same category as the New LC. Honestly, Fine really had nothing to prove! Their little $40 “Marvel” was already an aptly named incredible little shaver. In any case it took three ATG noggin passes this morning to leave me oh-so-smooth from dome to shoulders.

RAZOR: Tedalus Essence (Mug), Fine SS Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
B&B LE 2011 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10
Comments
Another cooler day in AZ. Sunny but earlier this a.m. it was 52 degrees F – which is cold for us. Back to the Feather AS-D2 today. Using the B&B LE 2011 by Rudy Vey – an excellent brush. A nice smooth, BBS shave with four passes on the face and two on the head. Have a great weekend, gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom