What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 11th - October 17th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Karve - F plate

Gillette

Omega

Derby.

Head and face shaving. 👌👍

IMG_20211010_200049.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD
proxy.php

A
Razor: OneBlade GENESIS
Blade: Feather (D1)
Brush: Declaration Brushworks Washington 25mm
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Orbit
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Orbit

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
ADC6D51B-9855-496A-B9E5-07F06A42EEFD.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac.
3) USA: Razor Schick Ultrex and a Schick Ultra Plus cartridge.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Very good quality lather from the soap! An aromatic nice mild scent (but growing stronger) with a very creamy and slick lather...
Missed using SR due to work & limited time but the itch won't go away so just did it anyway...managed 2passes with an acceptable sas result without any issues. The razor's edge was soooo smooth and the entire shave although hurried but very enjoyable. Aftershaves were excellent.
20211011_002018.jpg
20211011_132847.jpg

20211009_104353-01.jpeg
SOTD #249/2021
11-10-2021

>> SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura cherry wood.
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ SIR Irisch Moos shaving stick
Razor: Karve CB Brass Open Comb "D-plate"
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Schröder und Mann ~ Majestät AS, Nivea Sensitive asb.

First outing with SIM. And I dare to say after only one shave: it is a shame Mäurer and Wirtz abandoned this soap. The performance seems to be as excellent as tallow Tabac soap (I assume they share the same soap base) - the soap is easy to lather, gives a ton of cushiony slick lather and the scent is very pleasing, too.
The SOC Mistura did nothing but a flawless and highly enjoyable job with this soap (I face lathered).

3 passes, BBS, one tiny nick.
Overall, a great combo.

Have a great start into the new week, y'all

Columbus Day
Pre-shave: Every Man Jack Volcanic Face Scrub /Tomb 45 Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger
Soap: L'Occitane Cade
Aftershave: Alum/Dickinson’s Witch Hazel/Vi-Jon Spice
Balm: Perricone MD Lightweight Moisturizer

Raven Koenes

My precious!
SOTD: :001_wub:
Razor: 1907 Gillette Old Type Single Ring
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Cream: Squadron Dutch Resistance
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Post Shave: InstaSkincare Hyularonic Acid
Aftershave: Reuzel (Splash)
026_23.jpg

There is a reason that the Old Type beat out the New Type in the Winner Grudge Match OT Vs NEW. This was pure science, and as TobyC said so graciously and eloquent: *** WINNER***Grudge Match: OT Vs NEW - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/winner-grudge-match-ot-vs-new.510972/page-19#post-8865805

Needless to say I loved using my Old Type today. It's almost as good as a Fatip OC, but it is superior because it is the first DE, and I honor that. There would be no Fatip without it.

Squadron Dutch Resistance is licorice good! Resistance is futile! Reuzel , pronounced roy-zel, is a slick and fantastic splash. A little goes a long way, and it doesn't leave your skin oily.

My Simpson Trafalgar T3 is brilliant. I had a great start to the week. Happy Shaves!

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Uberlather of Coates Lime & Ethos Unscented
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 two band knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Ethos Skinfood
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Today I went back to an old favorite: Uberlather. I mixed some Coates Lime Cream (about as much as a pencil eraser) with Ethos Unscented soap and three drops of liquid glycerin. A nice, luxurious lather. A perfect way to start the week. A wonderful face and head shave with the Feather-Feather combo. The fourth use of the Feather blade. Have a good one.

Razor: RazoRock GC .84
Blade: Israeli Personna Plat (1)
Brush: Vulfix 404 Grosvenor, mixed Badger/ Boar, 21mm
Bowl: Potter's House Ceramic

Lather: Kell's Original Ultra Aloe Blend, Amber,
Yesterday's Catie's Bubbles remnants

Epsilon Amber After Shave

Super rich lather with wonderful scent.
Peach Witch Hazel followed by Epsilon Amber is great.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]

20211010_211548~6.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, OCtober 11th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic (AKA MMOC)- MFG-1930-41, excellent mid range, I get nice close shaves with this razor, built to last generations and was the first mass TTO introduced to the USA. This razor helped Gem MFG survive during the dirty 30's.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(6) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, unique mid range scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger barber pole handle, great handle for large hands, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice scrub + good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel face wash +Razorock The Dead Sea AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion(balm) excellent + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS, BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my MMOC with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Oct 11, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: STAR - Gold Tone 1946-1959 (Hex Handle)
Blade: Personna Super Stainless - Electro-Coated (5)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Boar/Badger mix 25mm
Pre-Shave: Stirling Pink Clay - Facial Bar Soap
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Antica Ricetta
Aftershave: PAA - Atomic Age Bay Rum
D9A01D43-A690-4FE4-AB7C-73C606B9491C.jpeg

Today’s STAR attraction…
If it looks like ouchy has been spending an inordinate time with his DE razors lately it’s because of this vintage Personna blade. I usually toss DE blades after three shaves regardless, but after five uses this blade still feels like it’s on its first shave. It’s giving me a totally perfect and comfortable BBS every time, and that’s using mild shaving razors.
Which brings me to the little recognized STAR DE. This was the only DE razor produced by the ASC, and they got it right. Any of you that love shaving with Gillette Techs will love this razor. It might as well say Tech right on it.
Bignoli Antica Ricetta! Just wonderful! Beautiful lather with lots of glide and protection. PAA Atomic Age bay rum…smells like RC Cola. Mmmmmmmmm.
It looks like I’m going to go to shave number six with this blade…but what razor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom