Not open for further replies.
10-14.jpg

Razor: Ever Ready Streamline/Gem PTFE
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Brush: Yaqi Segrada Familia
AS: B&M Cologne Russe

3D39E197-A68C-49F5-B63F-6043D38212BE.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 14, 2021

We all have certain shaving tools we like, and today’s extremely close shave featured two vintage favorites that never fail to deliver. My Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield 13/16 is just a fabulous mug shaver. Well-balanced with what seems like the perfect heft in hand, it sailed through my mug whiskers floating on its slick MWF lather for the first two passes.

Frank, a friend at SRP, suggested I try a scything stroke on my recalcitrant, old man neck whiskers instead of flatblading. After those first two passes, I tried it on the right side of my neck. The pinkish lather indicated I need more practice. I flat bladed the left side, and, quite frankly, was happier with that result, even though flatblading seems to dull the razor at a greater rate. But hey, that’s why the shaving gods provided sharpening stones.

In any case, I think I’ll be sticking with flatblading. The four graduated pastes on my constroption seem to restore the edge with no issue. If the continued practice requires more frequent visits to my touch up stones, that’s not a problem. Despite a slightly irritated right side of my neck as indicated by the alum, your happy narrator’s mug otherwise was left delightfully smooth.

My Shake Sharps are without doubt my best, hand-down noggin shavers. Although designed in the late thirties to “shake sharpen” the thicker carbon blades of the era with their built in hone, WWII intervened coupled with the advent of sharper, thinner SS blades negating the initial selling point and value proposition. The irony is that with two stacked SS Feather DE blades, there is no better headshaver. I don't think I’ve ever nicked myself with this little razor.

I own three which all perform similarly, but the little Bakelite handled Model 1.5 used this morning is my preferred model. The initial model had a head that slid entirely off the baseplate. This rare little transitional model features the attached, hinged, sliding top cap that was adopted for the later nickel and gold washed metal handled versions. Anyways, two automatic ATG passes and yours truly was smooth as his great-granddaughter’s bum from shoulders to dome.

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery 13/16 (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Dome)
BLADES: Two Stacked Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JT Sapele/Resin Handled Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime.

SOD Thursday October 14, 2021

First ever Face and Head shave with the Henson AL 13 Mild. I had my doubts with the small blade gap but the results just blew me away! Ridiculously good!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (54)
Razor: Henson AL13 Mild
Face WTG-XTG-ATG
Head WTG:XTG-ATG
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have an amazing day!!

IMG_7825.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Unscented
Brush
T&H Silvertip Badger
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
The second shave in a row with the Wolfman and Personna Med Prep blade. The Wolfman – Med prep blade has turned out to be the ideal combination for me. The T&H brush is my smallest brush. It is up to the task, however, and made a nice lather. We have been having cooler weather – at least by Arizona standards – and so I had a warm water shave. A perfect shave. Have a great day.

Razor: LORD L6
Blade: Fresh Tradition (2)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse, 21mm
Bowl: Van Yulay Honey Comb

Lather: TOBS Lemon & Lime Shaving Cream

Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel,
Myrsol Aqua De Limon

A very enjoyable experience. The LORD L6 is an affordable but good razor. It's on the mild side but still gives a great, clean shave. Three passes to a very close and smooth finish.no nicks or weepers or razor burn.

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
20211013_214209~5.jpg

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather (D4)
Brush: Black Eagle Rhino Black Feather 25mm
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Chiseled Face/Zoologist – Rhino
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Toner

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, OCtober 14th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo.72, Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, excellent design, very enjoyable shave & care free mostly.
Blade: GSB (3) top tier, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity, one of my favorites right on 1st shave!
Soap: Tabac, nice flowery clean mild scent with excellent lather qualities, post shave skin can feel a little dry IMO.
Brush: Yaqi red Zebra 26mm synthetic :001_wub:, nice luxury feel, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub+ excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a GSB blade
SOTD, Oct 14, 2021.jpg
Have some great shaves!

20211013_081248.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior with brass bulldog handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Fine American Blend
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder