SOTD #251/2021
13-10-2021

>> SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Razor: Gillette The New Long Comb
Blade: Gillette Perma Sharp (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Pitralon AS, Nivea Sensitive asb.

Happy shaves!

835CA68D-9127-40A5-9001-423C63F16FAD.png

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 13, 2021

The days are getting much shorter as we move towards winter. Shortly after purchasing my Rigarazor 7/8 about a year or so ago, I dropped It, and chipped the edge requiring a new bevel set. It wasn’t until after a touch up on the 9 Ball slate that I really began to enjoy the shave it delivers. The steel Sergej uses is quite hard and really holds a nice edge. Two mug passes with some additional buffing and some final flatblading to smooth those troublesome old man neck whiskers of mine, and I was delightfully smooth.

The Castle Forbes Lime lather’s scent is so enjoyable. The Alpha Shaving’s T-400 26mm Tuxedo Synth ferrule was firm yet incredibly soft while spreading the nice thick yogurty lather all over my noggin. The Leresche 77 seems at times to be the almost perfect headshaver. While my Shake Sharps hold the supreme headshaving title, the 77 is a very close second. The 69 gram silver plated beauty is a masterpiece of safety razor design. Two ATG passes and I‘m ready to face the rigors of the day, porcelain smooth from dome to neck.

RAZOR: Rigarazor 7/8 (Mug), Leresche 77 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Tuxedo Synth Ferrule
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Asinus
Brush
B&B LE 2014 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & L’Occitane ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
It’s Wednesday so out comes the Wolfman razor. I loaded it with a new Personna Medical Prep blade. The Wolfman – Med prep blade has turned out to be the ideal combination for me. The B&B LE 2014 has a Shavemac D01 two band knot in it and had an easy time making lather. A four-pass face shave has me ready for the day. Have a good day!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Oct 13t 2021

Razor: Razorock SLOC, Mfg 2017>, excellent upper mild range, very well designed, a joy to use and with slight blade tab overhang.
Blade: Gillette Silver blue (AKA GSB) (2) excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth, top tier performer.
Soap: Tabac, old formula, mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar, excellent lather generator, soft spit end hair tips, great scrubber + great lather painter, very nice.
Pre shave: Brush (24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm with HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no iritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR SLOC + a GSB.
SOTD, Oct 13, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

RAZOR: IKON Teflon Coated SB on a CG Hammered Copper Handle

BLADE: Fresh Tradition (1)

BRUSH: WSP Black Badger, 21mm

LATHER: The Gentleman's Groom Room Scottish Heather

Chiseled Face Summer Storm Aftershave Splash

Received this razor in the mail yesterday from uptown in the BST. I've admired this Charcoal Goods handle from first sight.
This IKON head is aggressive. I have about five IKON and this Standard SB and the Shavecraft Tek are the aggressive ones.
Not an everyday shaver but nice to have, especially if I skip shaving a day or two for some reason.
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
20211012_151757~6.jpg

Razor: Krect?
Blade: Personna Super Stainless - Electro-Coated (6)
Brush: Semogue 620
Pre-Shave: Proraso Sensitive Skin
Lather: Proraso White (Sensitive Skin)
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
9A739617-A75A-49CD-8F75-C40EEDF0123E.jpeg

…there’s a wrong way…and there’s a Krect way to shave
My first ever shave with this industrial looking Krect (type?) razor. In spite of its “other side of the tracks” looks and its maiden shave with a vintage blade on its sixth go round, I had a perfect shave. I’m not sure if its the blade that’s getting better or if it’s the Krect. A little of both I think. The Krect shaves like a tech…maybe a little better?
I went old school with the Proraso products. I do like the “white). It bowl lathers superbly. The Semogue 620 is nice, but the short handle causes it to keep falling into the lather bowl.😕
The razor is an exact look of a Krect but has no markings on it. I think Krect may have manufactured this model for other companies. The finish is an industrial matte grey that was wearing off with a toothbrush. I think I’ll try to strip the entire razor down to brass.

20211012_080149.jpg

Razor: Gillette Heritage + 1918 Old Type head
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Captain 2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Duke Cannon Supply Company Ice Cold Balm
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

SOD Wednesday October 13, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (53)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless(1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have an amazing day!!