What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 11th - October 17th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD : 12th October 2021.

23.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Soap.
Blade: Derby Usta.( D2)
Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Dana English Leather ASL./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The FaTip Grande/Derby Usta duo was a smooth efficient match mowing through my stubble with ease.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

20211012_065803-01.jpeg
SOTD #250/2021
12-10-2021

>> Tallow Tabac Tuesday/ SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue TSN LE 3-band Silvertip
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Above The Tie OC "H2-plate"
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac ASL, Nivea Sensitive asb.

A great brush, a great soap and a lovely shave result...couldn't be happier with this shave.

Happy shaves, y'all!

SOD Tuesday October 12, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub or tube of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Excellent results using the same Feather blade four times. A fresh blade of some sort tomorrow!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Pre shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Proraso Red (52)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Feather (4)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Lotion: Proraso Red Dopobarba
Balm: None

Have an amazing day!!
IMG_7821.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, OCtober 12th 2021

Razor: TNNSER 3D printed SE, created by Tom White- MFG 2019>, excellent mid range, great Audio feed back, easy shaving too.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(7) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream- nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm synthetic - excellent lather generator, cloudlike soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion balm(excellent + scentless
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my TNNSER 3D printer SE with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD, Oct 12, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
A razor and a brush that will always be a part of My shaving experience.
Vintage Gillette NEW LC Rosie (probably the one razor that sent me down the rabbit hole)
24mm 2 band badger Purple heart and Cocobolo..
A fairly new scent for me from Stirling, looking for a matching AS , any recommendations ?
PXL_20211012_124018143.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211012_125327222~2.jpg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Ethos Lavender
Brush
Maggards 28mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10
Comments
Fifth shave with the Feather – Feather combo. Another good shave. Today I am using the Maggards 28 mm brush – one big one. It did a decent job of loading the soap and making lather. A nice, BBS shave on a cooler Arizona day. Have a good one.

8EA79EAF-C2EF-4949-B2D3-0DEBAC6B3518.jpeg

CB3BEF67-CF41-4934-B697-F49C2E2FC5FB.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 12, 2021

Today’s mug shave featured my new Gipson razor, the Katsumi 14/13. It is easily the largest razor in my collection, but it shaves beautifully. Andrey, the proprietor of Gipson razor set out to build a tribute to the Saito SK series of Japanese razors. This razor is extremely well-balanced in hand, and despite its size shaves smoothly. I realize it is representative of a trend towards wider larger razors, but don’t plan on getting anything larger than 8/8. It’s a question of the bulk or sheer size of these larger razors. My preference is more towards smaller, more nimble shavers. I’m really getting a kick out of shaving with a number of wonderfully maneuverable little 4/8 Swedish razors lately. In any case, this is a keeper. Three passes with some final flatblading, which is admittedly more of a challenge with a wider blade, left me pleasantly smooth.smooth.

My 26mm boar knot became detached from its Alpha Shaving T-400 ferrule some time ago. I reset it with epoxy instead of marine silicon paste. It's in there to stay this time! As many know, my regular shave soap is MWF. Many complain of lathering issues with the latter, but the secret for me has been the use of a good stiff brush, and the patience to wait while the lather builds. After the great thin slick lather for my mug shave, I returned to the bowl and continued to build the kind of thick, yogurty lather for which MWF has no peer. The very stiff boar knot did the job, and left me with a beautiful protective lather carpet for the Barbasol Floating Head (BFH) to make good use of. That early 1930s safety razor is hyper efficient and left my noggin velveteen smooth after two slow, careful ATG passes, because Madame BFH demands respect or she will bite.

RAZOR: Gipson Katsumi 14/13 (Mug), Barbasol Floating Head (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Boar Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

20211011_082415.jpg

Razor: Gillette Heritage + 1918 Old Type head
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Simpson Emperor 3 Super Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Status
Not open for further replies.