What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 9th - November 15th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, Nov15th, 2020

Razor : Pal injecto-matic- Mfg 1952>? Pal spent over 1 million dollars tooling up and experimenting on this razor design.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE(6) very sharp, great longevity and it smooths out over shaves nicely.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore"Firenze"- excellent soap lather qualities with a nice scent.
Brush: Yaqi Lucky dice 26 mm Tuxedo knot :001_wub: - excellent lather creator and has those cloud like soft tips for painting a lather that makes a person forget about his worries for 1 or 2 minutes.
Preshave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver A.S :001_wub:with witch hazel + a dollop of AVON "True Gent" balm. I like this balm with SMDF soap.
Results:CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic razor with a Personna blade.

Sunday Schick Shave, Nov 15th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

DD8A5ECE-7210-4D0B-8B83-3E3B7AF9B045.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 15, 2020

Japanese silver steel razors really hold an edge! This morning I shaved with two razors, my NOS Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8 and my Barbasol Floating Head (BFH). The straight razor is one of two razors obtained through my son, Ben. Both the razors were finished by Ben on a jnat progression. These are the only two razors I have without a jasper stone edge. But that’s just fine by me as they shave magnificently. Three slow, luxurious passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) delivered that incredibly smooth velveteen shave surface that I find myself amazed at hours after the shave. I’ve reached a point in my straight razor technique where I don’t believe I could get a closer mug shave!

The new Sapele/resin handled boar built for me by TSD’s extremely talented Canadian turner is perfect for MWF. I’m easily able to generate the two kinds of lather I require for my morning shaves - a thinner, wetter lather for my mug, and a thicker more yogurty lather for the noggin. The BFH is a highly efficient safety razor that requires concentration and focus during the dome shave as it does have a tendency to bite. I find when I take my time with this razor that my shave consists of a single ATG pass with some selected buffing, and that was the case this morning with one minor lapse in concentration resulting in a minor nick as I was buffing above my right ear. Regardless, I feel refreshed, velveteen smooth and ready for this morning’s task at my stepson’s.

RAZOR: NOS Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8 (Mug), Barbasol Floating Head (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Sapele/Resin Handled Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Lucky Tiger Aspen AS Splash.

PSX_20201114_075855.jpg

Razor: Schick G1v2 Gold with Dark Blue Handle
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

11/15/2020

Prep: Warm water to the face and cleansing with Dove soap
Pre shave: The bluebeards revenge
Soap: Cella Almond
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: BIC Astor (🤢)
Brush: Wilkinson Pure Bristle
Alum: Osma
Aftershave: Witch Hazel and Noxzema Cool Carbon

Rating: 6/10

Today's shave was my worst to date. Thus the 6/10. Mainly for two reasons. I had some pimples from last time going against the grain and the Bic Astor blade is kinda horrible. Rough, difficult and not at all soft. I had a hard time getting a deep shave. Of course I didn't have the best prep and the Lord L6 is not the best razor of all time but I did NOT expect such performance from a brand new blade. They say it's a matter of luck what shave you'll get out of an astor. Some are good some are not. Simple as that.

However, today was my first time using Cella almond! Such a great smelling and performing soap. Tons of lather and good protection. I might add that it's "thirsty". You have to keep adding water or else you'll get a very thick paste that will feel dry quickly. That's what happened to me today. Maybe this was also a factor that contributed to a bad shave. I did enjoy Cella though.

The bluebeards pre shave is ok. I used the right amount today and I think that if I didn't have it on, I would have had a much worse shave. I did two passes and had zero irritation apart from a tiny pimple that bled. The alum took care of that and it didn't sting at all. Indicative of my improved technique even with a horrible blade like astor.

The Wilkinson brush is small and still stiff but I like it. It just does the job. I am waiting for my Merkur 34c. I will give an update when it arrives.

Should I throw the astor away already?? 😁😁

Sunday Shave
🎂The icing on the cake🎂

Razors: The Breaveheart from Executive Shaving Company and the Gentle Shaver from Giesen&Forsthoff for the third pass and touch ups.

Blades: Gillette Blue SS and Feather

Brush: Executive Shaving Company synthetic brush.

Soap: Four Broz Co. Tobacco Blade.

Aftershave: Blue de Chanel

4B80F5AB-162C-4E86-B0CF-C429BFE86BB9.jpeg

BABY’S BACKSIDE SMOOTH Y’ALL-!!!

Brush: Parker Silvertip
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles “La Terre Vert“
Razor: Gem Micro Bullet Tip
Blade: Gem
Aftershave Balm: Avon Black Suede Essentials

Most of the time it’s a DFS. I rarely proclaim BBS- but today, it happened. I’m struggling to find a spot I missed & I even told my wife to check because I was in disbelief. Oh the things that make me happy...😂🤣😂
7BAC9B9F-68BC-4478-AA9F-F21694686D75.jpeg

11/15/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astro Traveler Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Epic Fall Seasonal Scent
Dr. Jon's Halloween 2020 Shave till the Grave Onward to Victory Shaving Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Atomic Rocket 26mm Synthetic Suave Knot Shaving Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Crown King Shavette - Bone Scales Handle
Derby Extra Blade - 2nd Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel with Silver Detachable Logo Tag
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Dr. Jon's Halloween 2020 Shave till the Grave Onward to Victory Aftershave Tonic
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!​

B IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_20201115_171008637_compress62.jpg

Breaking in my first silvertip brush. I'm glad to say it lives up to the hype. Also thankfully not much animal smell. I've already conditioned and washed it with deodorizing pet shampoo and antibacterial soap. I used some nice prorssso green to mask any animal scent and help to resent it. It wasn't even really needed the initial animal smell was so low. It's a wcs brush if anyone wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom