SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 5th - November 11th, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
20181110_123411.jpg

The Club | Signature
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

It would appear The Club brand has hit its stride as evidenced by settling down to an in-house tallow and goat milk base that's easily competitive on the highest level along with a diverse offering of unapologetically bold fragrances. Previously, El Gaucho had been my favorite fragrance from The Club, but aptly named Signature has taken the mantle. This is likely to be the flagship, signature fragrance of the The Club. With a relatively common and simple profile including bourbon, tobacco, and sandalwood, Signature is anything but mundane. The bourbon is front-row and accurate, while the tobacco is equally present. The blend offers up a liquor-sweet but natural, non-sugary accord that's mitigated by a weighty and creamy sandalwood. This is all highlighted by a faint suggestion of smoke. The splash allows the tobacco to shine a bit more than that of the soap, but both notes remain solid for a good two to three hours before relenting to the sandalwood dry down. A hint of nondescript spice trails off around the five hour mark. Despite all its bravado, Signature manages to stay in check sort of like a slightly matured (or medicated) Andrew Dice Clay. You can probably get away with wearing this in formal or reserved settings, but to be safe, you might consider wearing a simple sandalwood fragrance to push this into the elegant realm. Signature does a fine job wrapping up the model of The Club, representing a brazen yet gentlemanly presence and having a good time doing it.

Great review - wonderful photo - as usual.

I would go further: surpasses even your usual wonderful photo.

Love the review, but egads — bourbon, tobacco, smoke, and Andrew Dice Clay! Don’t think I have the swagger for this one. Thanks for the heads-up!

Patti

I would go further: surpasses even your usual wonderful photo.

Love the review, but egads — bourbon, tobacco, smoke, and Andrew Dice Clay! Don’t think I have the swagger for this one. Thanks for the heads-up!

Patti
Don't sell yourself short. I've known some women who could pull this off. (and the smoke is understated).

Don't sell yourself short. I've known some women who could pull this off. (and the smoke is understated).

Haha, appreciate the vote of confidence, Matt!
And I would accept your challenge, but the The Club website says the Signature line is sold out.
Maybe next time!

Patti

Haha, appreciate the vote of confidence, Matt!
And I would accept your challenge, but the The Club website says the Signature line is sold out.
Maybe next time!

Patti
It'll be back. It will be a permanent offering. December, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom