Osma Alum Block
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD11-10-19.jpg

Face wash with Pears transparent soap
Edwin Jagger hydrating pre shave cream
Omega 49 Boar brush
Arko soap bowl lathered
Merkur 37C razor with Astra SP blade (2)
3 passes
Cold rinse followed by alum block
Cold rinse and pat dry
1912 classic balm
Tabac aftershave
BBS shave and no irritation or bleeders with the 37C - I’m unsure why it’s described as a razor for experienced users only as it seems mild to me.

Pre-shave:- Argan Oil Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- None
Brush:- Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive Stick
Razor/Blade:- Wilkinson Classic and Topaz (2)
Post/After-shave: Cocoa Butter
Fragrance:- Lacoste

Shave number 2 with the Wilkinson Classic and a Topaz blade.

Used the Palmolive Stick directly onto my face and then lathered up from there, this is a great product, I have some expensive creams and potions waiting to be used but happy with my Palmolive.

The Topaz/Wilkie combo is borderline, very safe but almost too mild, I could really do with a shave every 12 hours

3C38A375-0B29-420E-98AC-872C07EA26B4.jpeg

Excellent shave with a Yaqi Grace Razor I received on a passaround on another board. Razor shave was smooth and moderately efficient. I have it for a few more days. I like the scalloped head and open comb. I’m going to skip a shave tomorrow and see what it’s like with a heavier growth of whiskers.

SOTD 11/10/19

RAZOR: Yaqi Grace with scalloped head and open comb
BLADE: Voskhod
PRESHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by scrub w/ PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Preshave Soap
BRUSH: WCS Best Badger
SOAP: Mike’s Hungarian Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash w/ Mike’s Hungarian Lavender followed by Old Spice Fresh Lime AS Splash and finished w/ Pre De Provence AS Balm

Sunday 10th November Remembrance Day Shave.

Vitos Pre Shave Cream
P&B Spitfire Shaving Soap
New Forest Tubby 1 Badger Brush
MR-SE with a Feather Super Pro
Thayers Witch Hazel with Cucumber
MWF Moisturiser
Clubman Special Reserve

2 passes for a perfect shave.
Out to the local Cenotaph this morning to meet up with some good friends and former colleagues.

Lest we forget.

8-11-2019

Agua y jabón :: RazoRock XX :: Semogue FA :: Gillette toggle, Feather :: Aqua Velva

proxy.php

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

It's been a LONG time since I used a straight razor and it shows. Still a GREAT shave that I'll be enjoying for hours.
proxy.php

Remembrance Sunday SOTD

proxy.php

I’ve kindly been sent a Razorock Eco on a forum pass around and have also been sent some Bart’s Balms products to trial by the manufacturer, Bart.

Today was my third use of the razor and I continued with the Voskhod blade I used yesterday. The razor isn’t the smoothest razor I’ve ever used and I found my first shave with it (using a Shark blade) to be a little on the rough side. Using the Voskhod has improved this. However, this remains a pretty aggressive razor and it is not one I could use daily.

I used it for a head shave and this is where it’s aggressiveness and lack of smoothness was apparent. I ended up with a close, but rather uncomfortable, shave.

I stared the shave by trying some of Bart’s aftershave lotion (which consists of Coconut oil, Argan oil, Peppermint essential oil, and Limonene) and found the consistency to be a little too thin to work well as a pre-shave oil.

His beard oil, by comparison is an excellent pre-shave oil and is up there with the best on the market).

Following the shave I used Bart’s Peppermint balm on my face and the aftershave lotion on my head. The balm is another excellent product and the aftershave lotion worked really well on my head. I tried using the aftershave lotion on my face yesterday and it felt a bit too oily for my liking so I opted for the balm instead.

All in all, it was a pretty good shave and it was great to have the opportunity to try out these products on what is a very poignant day which bought back a number of memories.

One of these memories was that of my first ever wet shave as a 17 year old, which was performed whilst on exercise, using normal soap, a bic disposable razor, cold water in a mess tin and the wing mirror of a Land Rover.

‘They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sunday shave

I had skipped three days in order to try my brass timeless open comb a second time. It bit me directly under the nose just like the first time, but, otherwise no problems. For subsequent passes I used the solid bar and the shave was very smooth, three pass with touch up bbs.

Preshave shower and Chiseled face natural preshave gel.
Brush Stirling Finest badger
Razor Timeless Bronze OC first pass/SB remainder
Blade Persona med prep or lab blue. New packaging is the same and the guy didn't mark them. First shave.
Soap, Aftershave splash, liquid soap in the shower, and EdP Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber.

Lovely.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

SOTD - 2019.11.10
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Kesar by P&P- 24mm selected silvertip high density
Soap: Frankincense Enigma
Razor: RazoRock Gamechanger
Blade: feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

I can only describe this shave as epic!
proxy.php

This soap by Frankincense is just second to none. Beautifully.
proxy.php

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Sunday 11/10/19 SOTD

Soap - Oxford & Cambridge
Brush - Musgo Synthetic
Razor - Feather Artist SE
Blade - Feather Pro Super
Aftershave - Oxford & Cambridge

Finishing the week off with a great shave! 10/10
3C3F224A-2B6D-475B-8549-3AEE84E532A8.jpeg

Razor: 2019 Paradigm SS/Viking's Sword SS blade
Brush: Paladin El Dorado Twilight Ebonite with 28mm knot