What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 4th - November 10th, 2019

Declaration Grooming | Darkfall (Milksteak)
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74
L&L Grooming | Darkfall EdP (Pre-release)

proxy.php

SOTD - 2019.11.9
Growth: 48h
Brush: ŌKU Alhambra by P&P 25mm Manchurian
Soap: Frankincense catlover
Razor: GameChanger & START
Blade: Feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Dual comparison shave with these 2 razors. Lovely smooth overall shave though I felt the gamechanger side was closer and smother. Cleanups with the game changer for an almost BBS.
The soap, just gorgeous!

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Sunday SOTD

DSC09635.JPG

Razor: Dubl Duck Goldedge 5/8 Full Hollow
Brush: Semogue SOC Cherry Tuxedo 2-Band
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½” Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: PAA Cube 2
Shave Soap: APR Coolabah LE
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: APR Coolabah LE

razor : Parker 99r TTO
blade : Personna Q-ball (61) since 14.07.2019
brush : HJM black fibre
soap : Arko Stick
Alum
Aftershave : Tobacco

Have a nice day !

Proraso Preshave Cream / RazoRock "xXx" Soap / Stirling "High Mountain White" Brush / Merkur 39C / Personna Med Prep / Alum / RazoRock "xXx" Splash / AdP Colonia EdC

IMG-2407.jpg

SOTD : 10th November 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Grated Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks + Classic Shaving Cream.

Blade: Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(2)

Razor: 1940s Thin handle Gilette Tech.(ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Original ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

remembrance sunday morning shave.

Maiden shave with the 1940s thin handle gillette tech.Last weekend i went to my local car boot sale which i occasionally attend to buy the odd music cd and books from, as i was browsing at the passing stalls i noticed the vintage gillette tech ask what the price was,the stall holder looked at it and said i could have it for £2.00 which was an absolute bargain..I gave him the 2 quid, and walked away very happy with myself not quite believing i'd just scored a 1940's vintage gillette tech de razor for the grand total of two pounds.Once i got the vintage lady home, i gave the head and the base plate a steep in boiling water for a few minutes to remove any nasties, then with some hot water, antibacterial washing up liquid & a tooth brush gave her a good light scrubbing, a warm water rinse dried it off with a clean cloth then finally applied a small amount of wahl hair clipper oil to the threads.Paired together with gillette 7'0 Clock SP on it's second use was a excellent duo, mowing through my stubble with smooth effortless ease. I was near bbs smooth on the 3rd pass but i carried on with the pick up pass for the sheer pleasure of the shave & to use up the wonderful palmolive classic uber/superlather.

The Tin mug,'the new addition to my shaving den', is a 'Blackpool pleasure beach gift' from a work mate who recently took his family on a traditional weekend break to see the illuminations. It's far too good for using at work so, it's made a ideal shaving mug for my semogue 1305, and larger voluptuous shaving brushes.I told him i've put it to good use,and not just thrown it at the back of my cup & mug cupboard to gather dust,and never to see the light of day again.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs remembrance sunday shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your remembrance sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:

SOTD : 10th November 2019.

View attachment 1033611

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Grated Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks + Classic Shaving Cream.

Blade: Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(2)

Razor: 1940s Thin handle Gilette Tech.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Old Spice ~ Original ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

remembrance sunday morning shave.

Maiden shave with the 1940s thin handle gillette tech.Last weekend i went to my local car boot sale which i occasionally attend to buy the odd music cd and books from, as i was browsing at the passing stalls i noticed the vintage gillette tech ask what the price was,the stall holder looked at it and said i could have it for £2.00 which was an absolute bargain..I gave him the 2 quid, and walked away very happy with myself not quite believing i'd just scored a 1940's vintage gillette tech de razor for the grand total of two pounds.After looking on mr razor...Once i got the vintage lady home, i gave the head and the base plate a steep in boiling water for a few minutes to remove any nasties, then with some hot water, antibacterial washing up liquid & a tooth brush gave her a good light scrubbing, a warm water rinse dried it off with a clean cloth then finally applied a small amount of wahl hair clipper oil to the threads.Paired together with gillette 7'0 Clock SP on it's second use was a excellent duo, mowing through my stubble with smooth effortless ease. I was near bbs smooth on the 3rd pass but i carried on with the pick up pass for the sheer pleasure of the shave & to use up the wonderful palmolive classic uber/superlather.

The Tin mug,'the new addition to my shaving den', is a 'Blackpool pleasure beach gift' from a work mate who recently took his family on a traditional weekend break to see the illuminations. It's far too good for using at work so, it's made a ideal shaving mug for my semogue 1305, and larger voluptuous shaving brushes.I told him i've put it to good use,and not just thrown it at the back of my cup & mug cupboard to gather dust,and never to see the light of day again.

A very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near bbs remembrance sunday shave.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your remembrance sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Very nice! Congrats on your score.

Very nice! Congrats on your score.

Thank you sir,....I was fortunate to be in the right place,at the right time..She has a lovely mature look about her and is such a smooth non-aggressive, yet efficient razor.

Greetings from the North-east coast of the UK. 👍

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Sunday 11.10.19 SOTD

DSCF0001 - Edited (2).jpg

Pre de Provence Verbena face lather and rinse
Pal InjectoMatic Injector Razor Made in England
Pal Hollow Ground Injector Razor Blade (1)
Mr. PB24BA-04 Pure Badger
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Shaving Soap
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Splash

DSCF0005 - Edited.jpg

RAZORS: general brass
BLADE: Feather pro
PRESHAVE: proraso
BRUSH: Saville row 24mm
SOAP: déclaration grooming
POSTSHAVE: floïd vogoroso

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
SOTD
11/10/2019

Razor: Gillette Tech Pre-war
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Made Rite 177 TGN Pure Badger
Pre-Shave: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap
Lather: Palmolive Shave Stick
Aftershave: Proraso Sandalwood
Additional Care: Thayer's Witch Hazel

20191110_044747.jpg

Calypso Blue ATT H1 Razor (limited addition)
Astra Superior Platinum
Omega Synthetic Boar
Col Conk Bay Rum Soap
Duke Cannon Ice Cold Balm
Kramperts Finest Bay Rum

Sunday, November 10, 2019
* Floris 89: Jabon, locion, balsamo y EdT
* Brocha Kent, pure silvertip badger
* Mannos 14, barberpole scales.
proxy.php

SOTD - Sunday 10 November 2019

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Saponificio Varesino / Koraat - Leonardo da Vinci - 6/8
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Cocobolo - 2.0 - 26mm Fan (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - Beta 4.1
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - Splash
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm

Razor: Le Coq Open Comb with Persona blade
Soap: Monsavon bowl Authentique
Brush: Yaqi Synthetic
AS: Astringent Humphreys with Peppermint essential oil + Mennen Blue Grand large

74270528_455128252027067_856928129686437888_n.jpg

10 Nov 19
Razor:
Razorock Mamba 70
Blade: Kai stainless (1)
Brush: 24mm Oumo syn amber resin brush
Pre-Shave: Shower and face wash
Lather: Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Booster Cigar bar AS / Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars balm
Additional Care: Thayer’s WH
IMG_20191108_155820.jpg

Sunday
Preshave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash
Razor: EJ89L
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red)
Soap: Brickell Brushless Shave Cream
Balm: Burberry Brit

Prep: Cold water
Razor : Koraat 8/8 (1/4 hollow)
Lather: Saponificio Varesino Manna di Sicilia
Brush: Leonidam Molten Sapphire
After-shave: Cold water --> Saponificio Varesino Settantesimo Anniversario (70th Anniversary)

proxy.php

Top Bottom