SOTD 8 November 2019

Pre-shave: hot shower and towel
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod (#4)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Ceramic Lather Bowl
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh

First time with this new soap, and the lather is out of this world - creamy, slick, easy to generate after a 20s load of my boar brush. Soap takes quite a bit of water, but once you hit the sweet spot it's a lovely performer.

Attachments

• Photo Nov 08, 10 57 37.jpg
    Photo Nov 08, 10 57 37.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 12

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD-Nov 8-2019, Reviving this old Enders speed razor. Some of the fellows have been experimenting with using a injector blade with the old Enders blade (Obsolete) manully adjusting the injector blade with support of the old Enders blade acting as a support spring. Some have just used a injector blade with a Old Enders blade as a carrier with JB weld risers and that is my path I chose(Jararuh's idea). 1st shave with it was as expected until I have a few more shaves the Enders razor shows some good potential to revive this 1930's razor back from storage because of lack of sharp modern blades. The easy to manipulate Ender razor is a light weight and is a challenge to figure out the obsolete blade remedy.

Razor: Enders speed razor -MFG 1930's>
Blade: Schick pro line B-20 injector with a Enders blade as a spring Carrier support.
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS with Witch Hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation+ no weepers= :wink2:

Enders SOTD (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

New Improved Tuckaway/Derby Premium/TOBS Sandalwood . Used one bottom shim to increase rigididty a bit, a very tame but decently effective shave. Derby might not be the best match here, a bit too tame for my taste.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SOTD-Nov 8-2019, Reviving this old Enders speed razor. Some of the fellows have been experimenting with using a injector blade with the old Enders blade (Obsolete) manully adjusting the injector blade with support of the old Enders blade acting as a support spring. Some have just used a injector blade with a Old Enders blade as a carrier with JB weld risers and that is my path I chose(Jararuh's idea). 1st shave with it was as expected until I have a few more shaves the Enders razor shows some good potential to revive this 1930's razor back from storage because of lack of sharp modern blades. The easy to manipulate Ender razor is a light weight and is a challenge to figure out the obsolete blade remedy.

Razor: Enders speed razor -MFG 1930's>
Blade: Schick pro line B-20 injector with a Enders blade as a spring Carrier support.
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS with Witch Hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation+ no weepers= :wink2:

Enders SOTD (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
I much prefer the non-welded approach at least until desired exposure is ascertained. I like more exposure than the stock Enders blade provided and there is no reason to think the Proline bevel/geometry is identical to the 80 year old Enders design.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I much prefer the non-welded approach at least until desired exposure is ascertained. I like more exposure than the stock Enders blade provided and there is no reason to think the Proline bevel/geometry is identical to the 80 year old Enders design.

Interesting @jmudrick , I have played around with these old razors for a little while now and I did some measurements with my verniers and added a little extra exposure(approx .011 thousands of a inch.)
I was reading some of the others thought it was a little mild so I took a guess were I would like it. The nice thing about the carrier is I can flip it 180 degrees and go your method also.
Have some great shaves!

Interesting @jmudrick , I have played around with these old razors for a little while now and I did some measurements with my verniers and added a little extra exposure(approx .011 thousands of a inch.)
I was reading some of the others thought it was a little mild so I took a guess were I would like it. The nice thing about the carrier is I can flip it 180 degrees and go your method also.
Have some great shaves!
I might eventually land on the welded carrier but I guess I'm just a ramblin kinda guy [emoji2]

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Mountain Man" Soap / Stirling "High Mountain White" Badger Brush / Merkur 39C / Personna Med Prep Blade / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Mountain Man" Splash / Creed "Silver Mountain Water" EdP

IMG-2402.jpg

Colonial Razors General
Feather Professional
Yaqi Mocca
Eleven Organic Sweet Orange
Lucky Tiger After Shave
proxy.php

Отправлено с моего STF-L09 через Tapatalk

proxy.php

SOTD 11/08/2019

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: KING COBRA
Blade: FEATHER Professional
Brush: STIRLING dos bandas 24x50 Fan
Pre-Shave: Agua caliente
Lather: LEA Stick vintage
Aftershave: VARON DANDY
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión

11/8/19
Taylor of Old Bond Street Eton College
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Schick Injector Blade (3)
Osma Alum Block
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm

Nautica Blue
SOTD11-8-19.jpg

Friday

‘62 Tech
GSB (11)
Col. Conk Badger
Cella
Proraso Sandalwood AS

This blade is nearing the end of its lifespan for me if used still in this Tech. Got a great BBS close shave but encountered more tugging in places. 11 easy shaves so far in the 1st GSB I’ve ever used shows that this truly is a good blade. In fact a superior one. I don’t mind paying a little more for them. I’ve moved it into the Merkur Progress for its next use.

Saturday SOTD
DSC09622.JPG

Razor: 1946/1947 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade Super Iridium (D12)
Brush: Turtleship Shave Machine 073 24mm synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Plunder
Balm: Stirling's Bay Rum Butter
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Plunder

Saturday SOTD
View attachment 1033268

Razor: 1946/1947 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade Super Iridium (D12)
Brush: Turtleship Shave Machine 073 24mm synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Plunder
Balm: Stirling's Bay Rum Butter
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Plunder
Lovely! Beautiful gear!

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

5CEBF20A-3C72-41DA-96FC-3BC41A251B6E.jpeg

British Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Giillette Silver Blue
Razorock Bruce synthetic
Palmolive soap
AV Ice sport
AV sensitive balm

SOTD : 9th November 2019.

a.jpg

Shaving recipe for today

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: AP Shave Co. ~ 24 mm Cashmere Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : Clubman Pinaud.

Blade: Gillette 7'0 Clock SharpEdge.(1)

Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ASL.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A new shave setup to start the weekend...I haven't used the clubman pinaud soap for a while and forgot how much a great in-expensive soap this is..Because this is almost a 'croap-like' soap it doesn't need blooming before mixing and it provides a slick protective lather, in no time, it has a really nice scent,not over powering,and the post shave feel is incredibly good, What more can I say? apart from it's a great shaving soap of which i highly recommend if you haven't yet tried it.

It's now official the Parker 55SL Semi-Slant is my favourite de razor in my humble de razor collection.

The 55SL has paired together wonderfully with each blade i've matched it up with.Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups bbs silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2 SS
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :thumbup:

Top Bottom