What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 4th - November 10th, 2019

sarimento1

Contributor
Cool shot, Murray. But what is that blue pencil leaning against? :001_cool:
apparently it's the barber's pen and spare glasses, sitting next to a newspaper and magazine beside the 'spare' chair.
tiny shop, probably not more than 8 ft wide!

and Proraso contributed to the renovation, certainly with consideration for the product placement! See it here on their website!

genoa 2019 L-1000851s-2.jpg

genoa 2019 L-1000851s.jpg

sarimento1

Contributor
Ah yes, it's the corner of the newspaper - mystery solved! And great pics of the barbershop!
thanks!
yet more info here.

unfortunately, valobra is either closed or not open to public, having been acquired by Proraso, so i had to pass on visiting there.

but there were several other nice 'shaving gems' found in Genoa; I'll post about them soon under general topics.

Friday
Pre-shave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash
Razor: EJ89L
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red)
Brush: Maseto Two-Band
Soap: Mama Bear’s Hydrogen Shave Soap
Aftershave: Alum/TOBS No. 74
Balm: Clarins Men Super Moisture Gel

It's Hedley

Contributor
SOD: Friday, November 8, 2019

An odd pairing with the MdC Rose and Clubman aftershave, but strangely, it works.

Wolfman WR1 .94 OC
Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue
Martin de Candre Rose Shaving Soap
Rudy Vey White Zebra Tulip with TGN Finest
Pinaud Clubman Original Aftershave

IMG_3901 2.jpeg

Jgreenepa

Contributor
51F185BB-E699-4140-A88F-E2D76CE2E620.jpeg
DFS with my Gold British Gillette Rocket. Smooth, but not quite as efficient as I’d like. Nevertheless, I feel clean and refreshed!

SOTD 11/08/19

RAZOR: British Gillette Rocket
BLADE: Voskhod
PRESHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by scrub with PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Omega Pro 48 Boar
SOAP: MWF
POSTSHAVE: Face wash with MWF followed by Thayer Lavender Witch Hazel and finished with Pinaud Special Reserve

SOTD
11/08/2019

Razor: Schick Injector Type G
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Deadpool Whipped Dog 30mm Badger
Pre-Shave: Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap
Lather: RazoRock Irish Countryside
Aftershave: Avon Blend 7
Additional Care: Thayer's Witch Hazel

20191108_090245.jpg

SOTD 8 November 2019

Pre-shave: hot shower and towel
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Voskhod (#4)
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Ceramic Lather Bowl
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Claddagh

First time with this new soap, and the lather is out of this world - creamy, slick, easy to generate after a 20s load of my boar brush. Soap takes quite a bit of water, but once you hit the sweet spot it's a lovely performer.

Attachments

SOTD-Nov 8-2019, Reviving this old Enders speed razor. Some of the fellows have been experimenting with using a injector blade with the old Enders blade (Obsolete) manully adjusting the injector blade with support of the old Enders blade acting as a support spring. Some have just used a injector blade with a Old Enders blade as a carrier with JB weld risers and that is my path I chose(Jararuh's idea). 1st shave with it was as expected until I have a few more shaves the Enders razor shows some good potential to revive this 1930's razor back from storage because of lack of sharp modern blades. The easy to manipulate Ender razor is a light weight and is a challenge to figure out the obsolete blade remedy.

Razor: Enders speed razor -MFG 1930's>
Blade: Schick pro line B-20 injector with a Enders blade as a spring Carrier support.
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS with Witch Hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation+ no weepers= :wink2:

Enders SOTD (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

New Improved Tuckaway/Derby Premium/TOBS Sandalwood . Used one bottom shim to increase rigididty a bit, a very tame but decently effective shave. Derby might not be the best match here, a bit too tame for my taste.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SOTD-Nov 8-2019, Reviving this old Enders speed razor. Some of the fellows have been experimenting with using a injector blade with the old Enders blade (Obsolete) manully adjusting the injector blade with support of the old Enders blade acting as a support spring. Some have just used a injector blade with a Old Enders blade as a carrier with JB weld risers and that is my path I chose(Jararuh's idea). 1st shave with it was as expected until I have a few more shaves the Enders razor shows some good potential to revive this 1930's razor back from storage because of lack of sharp modern blades. The easy to manipulate Ender razor is a light weight and is a challenge to figure out the obsolete blade remedy.

Razor: Enders speed razor -MFG 1930's>
Blade: Schick pro line B-20 injector with a Enders blade as a spring Carrier support.
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + Dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse
Post shave: Razorock Emperor AS with Witch Hazel
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated some irritation+ no weepers= :wink2:

Enders SOTD (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
I much prefer the non-welded approach at least until desired exposure is ascertained. I like more exposure than the stock Enders blade provided and there is no reason to think the Proline bevel/geometry is identical to the 80 year old Enders design.

I much prefer the non-welded approach at least until desired exposure is ascertained. I like more exposure than the stock Enders blade provided and there is no reason to think the Proline bevel/geometry is identical to the 80 year old Enders design.

Interesting @jmudrick , I have played around with these old razors for a little while now and I did some measurements with my verniers and added a little extra exposure(approx .011 thousands of a inch.)
I was reading some of the others thought it was a little mild so I took a guess were I would like it. The nice thing about the carrier is I can flip it 180 degrees and go your method also.
Have some great shaves!

Interesting @jmudrick , I have played around with these old razors for a little while now and I did some measurements with my verniers and added a little extra exposure(approx .011 thousands of a inch.)
I was reading some of the others thought it was a little mild so I took a guess were I would like it. The nice thing about the carrier is I can flip it 180 degrees and go your method also.
Have some great shaves!
I might eventually land on the welded carrier but I guess I'm just a ramblin kinda guy

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Mountain Man" Soap / Stirling "High Mountain White" Badger Brush / Merkur 39C / Personna Med Prep Blade / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Mountain Man" Splash / Creed "Silver Mountain Water" EdP

IMG-2402.jpg

Colonial Razors General
Feather Professional
Yaqi Mocca
Eleven Organic Sweet Orange
Lucky Tiger After Shave

Отправлено с моего STF-L09 через Tapatalk

SOTD 11/08/2019

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: KING COBRA
Blade: FEATHER Professional
Brush: STIRLING dos bandas 24x50 Fan