What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 30th - December 6th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, gentlemen

Suribachi, El Druida brush, T-REX, Palmera Super Inox blade, Wholly Kaw Rebel soap % AS, Cire Trudon Revolution edp.

Without any doubt, one of my top beloved soaps

Have a very nice day, sirs

proxy.php

Christmas Season, Day 7.

Arko, Baby!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Arko Soap in a Bowl
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Nacet (6)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (6)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Arko Gold
ASB: Arko Comfort
ASC: Arko Comfort

Turkish Thursday went Full Arko! Just a fantastic shave.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I've gotten some absolutely first class shaves over the last month, with a combination of local and international soaps. The bundubeard kudus kick has peaked after removing that thin layer of coffee, and now its in my top 5, maybe even top 3 soaps.

It lathers like an absolute bomb, and the medium bite menthol is nice and manageable, neither too strong or too weak, although I think I'll go for the kameelperd's kick next time, which is the glacial version.

I ended up using the kudus kick for the first five shaves before switching over to my tried and trusted staple soap, Arko.

Five shaves into the Arko routine I got a bit bored and decided to use another international soap I haven't used in a while, malt 'n Myrtle by the gentleman's groom room.

Man, that stuff is a fantastic soap. It would go perfectly with something like old spice, which I think will be its standard aftershave pairing once I manage to find a bottle of "original" old spice.

December will be my "international shave month" where I use international products almost exclusively, and my most luxury soaps and razors like my rhodium plated aristocrat.Im also extremely excited to use my new Yaqi synthetic for December's shaves, there will be a review coming up on that in the next two weeks or so too. (Maybe I'll even try my hand at a few shave videos lol).

Shave 1-5:
Razor: Wilkinson sword TTO
Brush: omega 49
Blade: Wilkinson sword (German)1-5
Soap: bundubeard Kudus kick
Aftershave: Revlon pub

Shave 6-10:
Blade: Wilkinson sword (German)6-10
Soap: Arko shave stick

Shave 11-13:
Blade: Wilkinson sword (German)1-5
Soap: The gentleman's groom room malt 'n Myrtle.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

SOTD, Thursday, December 3, 2020

First use of the Razorock Self Lubricating Open Comb razor this morning. Paired it with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless blade and was off and running. A very efficient razor, and with Arko as my assistant, it plowed through a days growth easily. 3 passes and BBS. Have a great day, Gentlemen!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Yaqi White Handle Synthetic Shaving Brush
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Arko Original
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Aftershave & Cologne
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

A wonderful shave today - very mild and efficient razor is the G8 type. I am so glad I’ve found the most comfortable shave with my favorite Schick head design! The NOS blade is very smooth and sharp and adds to the easy quality. Aces!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, Dec3rd 2020

Razor: Star Bar #4 lather catcher(Kampfe brothers Brooklyn Ny)- Mfg- 1920, excellent lather catcher, Excellent daily driver, mid range< , One of the best razors of all my razors vintage & modern. Star brand=Kampfe brothers first safety razor Mfg in USA.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp with great longevity and predictable & smooths out nicely.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent and excellent lather qualities when loaded properly.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm- 1st use. Excellent knot for myself, gentle scrub with heavenly cloud like soft tips. It is a nice brush for a daily shaver like myself IMO.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my 1920 Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.

SE SOTD, Thur, Dec3rd 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom