Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: Buck 39 Salient by Caleb Cooper - Matte Black G10​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso Blue Cream, Aloe & Vitamin E​
Brush: Rudy Vey w/ Synbad Synthetic​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Toner: Lucky Tiger​
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Nor’easter Menthol - Original Developmental Formula (First time using!)​
A very close shave!

proxy.php

Sunday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Wilkinson Empire
Blade: Wilkinson Empire Wedge
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
Shave Soap: L & L Grooming Dark Fall
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: L & L Grooming Dark Fall

Day of the Ninja 🥷 shave

C1C8F4BF-28AC-4A10-8315-799978D3542C.jpeg

Prep: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: MdC Rose
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0
Brush: Omega 81025 Boar
Razor: Wilkinson Sword TTO, shave #8
Blade: Voskhod (#3)
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Murray & Lanman Florida Water (used as an aftershave)

I wasn't sure it would work based on the razor's design, but took the Sword steep tonight and was rewarded with a two-pass DFS including some areas that were almost BBS, all with minimal feedback from the alum. I did find the length of the handle made it harder to stay steep on my neck when going S-N on the second pass and will pay more attention to that tomorrow.

Hope everyone was able to celebrate the annual Day of the Ninja by chucking some throwing stars or at least showing their skills with a sharp object (i.e., our razors—and if Sword is in the name, so much the better :biggrin1:).

1607219371404.gif

Tried barbasol pacific rush for the first time. It was every bit as good as I hoped. It had a very nice menthol feeling. I know barbasol get a bad rep in the wet shaving community. But when used with a double open comb razor or a se with no top cap like a lather catcher it gives a great shave. Used the original paa double open comb and a new corked derby blade. Very smooth and comfortable shave. No irritation and bbs. Aqua velva after shave.
IMG_20201205_184930005_compress85.jpg

SOTD-WFSR-Y_2020-12-05.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: DS Cosmetic 26/49 Two Band
Soap: TFS Kathmandu
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (4)
ASL: TFS Kathmandu

WFSR Shave 29:
A fantastic shave! :biggrin:

Two new kids on the block today! TFS Kathmandu shaving soap and aftershave. The scent (to me) was one of those "different, but I'm sure it'll grow on me" types. On receiving the goods I gave the ASL the "on the wrist" 20 second (followed by the half hour) sniff. There was a significant difference between the top and base notes, both pleasant (to me). After my shave I liked the ASL splash so much that I did it again, something unheard of for me, especially considering my (previous?) hate of strong scents.

On reading TFS's description of Kathmandu Aftershave, they have it down to a T.
Kathmandu
Dedicated to lovers of strong perfumes, Katmandu is the eau de Parfum that TFS has developed around the precious essential oil of African Geranium, backed by notes of Tobacco, Coffee, Hash, Oud, Incense and Carnation. It is the olfactory story that Mastro Michè, the master soap maker and creator of creation, has elaborated by condensing life and travel experiences. Intense and enveloping, never intrusive.
I did have a couple of, what I thought would be, challenges with the new soap and brush. The soap is in a standard TFS diameter tub (84mm [>3¼"]), but this one's only 30mm (<1¼") deep... and full to the brim. That, combined with the massive (to me) 26mm and bloomed brush knot, appeared to be a possible problem. Fortunately, foreknowledge of the likely problem turned it into an opportunity and loading was easy. :001_smile
Of all the great teams I've had backing up the WFSR so far, I think this one is probably the tops. :punk:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD : 6th December 2020.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush: Unbranded Turkish Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Superlather: Derby Lemon Shaving Cream + (Grated) Arko Shave stick Dettol Original Anti Bacterial Soap, & Palmolive Classic Shave Stick.

Blade: Mers ~ Super Shave X Platinum. (2)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne./Wilko ~ Fruits Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

This morning i fancied a Turkish theme shave so i went for my Arko Derby & Palmolive Classic shave stick endings Arko & Derby lemon shaving cream which created a wonderful concoction of slick protective super lather for the full shave.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups CC shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Sun 6th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Heavy Metal Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Axe Signature Denim
Marvelous lather from the soap. Creamily thick and slick with a unique nice scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade with added shim increased the efficiency a little more. Very smooth and comfortable at setting 9 for 3 passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result and a minor creeper. The post-shave feel for the soap is excellent!
Rating 9.6/10
20201206_114440.jpg

Christmas Season, Day 9.

Stirling Spice and Old Spice to smell like I should.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Carbon Shaving Co Cx-316L (Original, +, and ++)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (9)
Brush: Stirling Badger
AS: Old Spice (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice
EdC: Old Spice (US)

This shave always makes me miss my parents, grandparents, and my uncle.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom