Saturday, December 5
proxy.php

BAUME.BE~~Simpson PL8~~Barbasol Floating Head/Voskhod
proxy.php

Have a great day!

SOTD, Saturday, December 5, 2020

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: West Coast Shaving Chypre
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

7E3DCC15-7390-4CA1-BC97-8A98996BF93C.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 5, 2020

I woke up to a rainy, overcast Saturday morning. I had no recourse but to opt for a great morning shave. A number of my shave brothers at TSD this month have pulled out their Barbasol Floating Head safety razors, so-called because of the way the blade appears to float above the safety bar. This safety razor model dates from the early thirties, but I was able to obtain a NOS example at a Shave Collectibles Meeting over a year ago. It came with the case, an original blade tuck, and the box with original use instructions. I still remember how the dealer’s jaw dropped when I told him I was planning to shave with it.

This razor, for a display Queen, shaves highly efficiently, and certainly didn’t disappoint this morning. Two ATG passes easily put the baby to bed on my dome. The MWF, my regular shave soap, didn’t disappoint either, supplying the two types of lather I enjoy for my mug and noggin shaves. The wonderful wood handled Feather DX was a pleasure to shave with. I remember having some doubts a few months ago when I switched from the Feather SS, but I'm really glad I did. The shave angle on the DX is virtually identical to that of a regular straight razor which was not the case for the SS model. My Feather SS now resides in Canada. In any case, after the usual three (WTG, ATG, XTG) passes I’m velveteen smooth and smelling like a fresh lime.

RAZOR: Feather Wood Handled DX (Mug), Barbasol FH (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Dec5th 2020

Razor: Gillette Rocket SS X1 - Mfg 1952 1st qtr, nice milder razor, great with a Kai SS blade.
Blade: Kai SS (8) Sharp & smooth + extra wide(.009" thousands) great longevity, bit pricey but worth every penny spent IMO.
Soap: CRSalter Indian Sandal wood- great scent with excellent protection.
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra knot 26mm- softer brush with some back bone and pleasure to paint with those cloud like tips, nice scrub.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel of the cleaned beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.WTG + ATG+ pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandalwood with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with this Gillette Rocket SS combined with a Kai SS.
DE SOTD, Dec5th, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Friday, 12/4

20201205_102023.jpg

Razor - Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Morris & Forndran Style 1 26mm finest
Soap - Mike's Natural Pine & Cedarwood
A/S - Proraso Cypress & Vetiver

Another very good, close shave from the 3one6. Overall I find the shaves haven't been as close as some other razors, but these last two were quite good. Using Mike's Natural today was great. Haven't used one in a while, and this scent is a nice essential oil blend that isn't overpowering. Silky smooth and feeling good.

Saturday, 12/5

20201205_102114.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Blood Storm" 26mm v5 Fanchurian
Soap - The Club Gentlemen's Club
A/S - The Club Gentlemen's Club

I enjoyed this soap/splash so much I had to use it again. Did not disappoint. This is the first time using a V5 Fanchurian, and it's great. Very, very dense, and very soft as well. With the lather set, the Merkur just coasted. This thing still gives fabulous shaves. I got me one smooth face today, wow, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom