Sunday‌ ‌11.08.20 ‌SOTD‌
proxy.php

I‌ ‌Provenzali‌ ‌Olive‌ ‌Oil‌ ‌Artisan‌ ‌Bar‌ ‌Soap‌
Fine Premium Slant / Nacet
Yaqi Moka Express 26mm 2-Band Badger
B&M Barrister's Reserve Spice Shaving Soap
B&M Barrister's Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash

Sunday, November 8, 2020.
Floid oil pre shave. Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Gondolier: Shaving Soap & Lotion- EdC. CRV, Two-bands badger, ebony and blood red resin handle, special edition SCNH 2018 forum. Tim Zowada, damascus steel 8/8, ebony. Montblanc Legend: Balm aftershave & Eau De Toilette.
proxy.php

SOTD, November 8, 2020

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fatboy" (F2 - 1960)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Brush: Yaqi R1740-S Naples Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Belle's Place Green Irish Tweed (local Roanoke VA soapmaker)
Aftershave: Stetson
Additional Care:
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sunday
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Humphrey’s Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

Travel setup DFS:
Merkur 2-piece handle + iKon OSS head
Feather on day 3
AP cashmere knot 24
MdC Vetyver

The brush can lose some of the handle height to save dopp space but I love as is. Trying to find the next level head to fit in the Merkur travel case, OSS works but not in my top 5.
20201108_125220.jpg

8/11/2020 Today is my name day, Michael, so I got an excellent shave as a present :p

20201108_154016_2.jpg

Pre shave: Warm water and proraso green
Soap: Haslinger Sheep's milk
Razor: Lord l6
Blade: Muhle
Brush: Wilkinson Pure Bristle
Alum block: Osma
Aftershave: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Rating: 9/10

Very nice shave today. Even though I had some irritation yesterday, today my skin gave me the confidence to try again. And so I did and it went well.

I am loving the Lord each and every time i use it! Very nice feedback and precision. In conjunction with a muhle blade (3rd shave) it glided effortlessly over my skin without irritating or causing any pimples to bleed. The haslinger soap is certainly very nice and provides a smooth shave and protection. It also worked nicely in consecutive passes.

I did two passes, wtg and xtg, and got a near bbs result without stressing my skin. The blade cut through my hair like a knife through butter. The brush is a small but efficient wilkinson boar brush. Nothing special here. I applied the alum, washed it off and then put on some floid mentolado vigoroso which i love.

For pre shave I used warm water, some proraso green which is great and the soapy water i used to soak the haslinger.

C3A19543-6088-41A3-8B48-60C6B08E554A.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, NOVEMBER 8, 2020

Today’s mug shave features a Chinese Gold Monkey razor obtained from Slash McCoy of Crescent City Razor. I've modified the original edge by killing it on the corner of my jasper stone and refinishing it in a series of decreasing slurry dilutions. The original edge shaved just fine, but my jasper stone has spoiled me. I’ve learned in my open edge journey that there are degrees of sharp, and the original edge pretty much defined the hard edge of the sharp spectrum. The refinish yielded that buttery smooth soft sharp edge I've grown to appreciate. In any case the star of this shave is the beautiful new Sapele wood/acrylic brush graciously built and provided to me by a friend at TSD. A new Omega Pro48 was the knot donor.

The new brush is an awesome lather machine. I own several Badger brushes, but my favorite brushes tend to be boar. While this brush has a way to go to be broken in, it still easily provided the two types of MWF lather I enjoy - the thinner, wetter lather for my mug shave and the thicker more yogurty lather I like for my head shaves. The Gold Monkey delivered an extremely smooth three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave and my 2011 R41 equipped with its Weber handle felt great in hand and did the same for my two pass (ATG, ATG) dome shave. I feel velveteen smooth, cool and refreshed!

RAZOR: Gold Monkey 666 5/8 (Mug), 2011 Muhle R41 w/ Weber Handle
BLADE: Feather DE (Dome)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Sapele/Acrylic Handle w/ new Omega Pro48 Boar Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Nov08th, 2020- I like to use my Schick razors on Sundays. Excellent razors IMO!

Razor: Schick 500 injector with Hydro-magic feature- Mfg 1957-64, unisex type razor- handle is my longest of my collection(5 3/8" length).
Blade: Personna SS PTFE(9) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity & smooths out nicely over time. Personna steel is amazing when you can leave it out for months and when it comes up again for rotation and finding it has not degraded the cutting edge.
Soap: Tabac- it has a mild flowery clean scent with excellent lather qualities and has been around for decades tell the story of success.

Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm(Sagrada Familia)- named after the famous cathedral in Barcelona Spain, Excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips.
Pre Shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS +minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick 500 injector.
Schick Sunday shave, Nov7th. 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom