What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" November 23rd - November 29th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the schick type n for the first time. Supposedly it came out of the estate of a schick engineer somewhere in the northeast us I believe. The seller couldn't produce any proof but the price was right and the razor was brand new. I wanted something special for Thanksgiving. I used a new chick blade, wow signal soap and after shave. I've heard the n called mild. I would say it's mild compared to like a type g but not as mild as one of the lady schick injectors. Wasn't quite blood free. Had a couple tiny blood spots that quickly sealed themselves and no irritation. I shaved against the grain .It was a damn fine shave but I believe I could get bbs or close to it.
IMG_20201126_203347924_compress51.jpg

TGIF SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: 1941 Gillette Ranger Tech
Blade: Personna Reds (D5)
Brush: Zenith B20 Boar 28mm
Scuttle: PAA Travel Scuttle 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: CRSW Select Bay Rum
Balm: Stirling's Bay Rum Butter
Aftershave: Ogallala Bay Rum

Fri 27 Last SOTD @Unesco Heritage Site
Soap
Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep 2nd
Aftershaves
Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic
Clubman Brandy Spice
Last day at UNESCO heritage site. Thought to show the famous landmarks from the Portuguese built fort and Dutch built Church which is part of the Stadthuys building.
Beautiful lather from the soap. Creamily thick and slick with super nice scent and cooling sensation.
Excellent razor paired with this blade gives a super smooth and comfortable shave. What a nice blade! Enjoyable 3+1 passes without issues for a mostly bbs result. Excellent aftershaves especially with Brandy Spice! Loving the Karve with D plate! Rating 10/10!
A'Famosa - built by the Portuguese back in 1512
20201126_201110.jpg

Christ Church - built by the Dutch back in 1753 beside the Stadthuys
20201127_075046.jpg

20201127_075306.jpg

My DS Cosmetic stainless steel Z0 arrived today. After inspecting it, measuring it up, photographing it, etc... I HAD TO break my WFSR run and give it a shot. (LINK to Z0 details.)

SOTD
Z0-SOTD-Y_2020-11-26.jpg

Brush: Semogue Torga C-3 22/49 Finest Mistura
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: (DS Cosmetic SS) Z0
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

That was an interesting shave. I think I got off lightly with two tiny nicks on the point of my chin. I know well that the 2013 Mühle R41 has loose blade syndrome due to its large clamp distance, but I could easily tolerate it as a daily driver nonetheless. The Z0 exacerbates that problem due to its holding the blade nearly flat. I'm definitely a steep angle shaver, but I reckon 90° is just a tad OTT. :001_rolle

Toward the end of the shave I looked at the razor and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Waste whiskers and lather were crammed in between the cap and the blade, giving it a wicked little smile. After thoroughly rinsing the razor (which should have been easy due to the slick 'n' thin lather) there was still some waste trapped between the cap and the blade, so I took a pic:
Z0-blade-flop_2020-11-26.jpg

My apologies for the lousy pic. Although it's hard to make out, the blade is actually running below that waste. When I first spotted it (before final rinsing), it was easily three times that thick, giving the blade a pronounced smile.

Shaving with The Coach (my "no guard" razor) is a piece of cake compared to this:
NG_2020-11-26.jpg

When they said VERY AGGRESSIVE, they obviously meant it. :laugh:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Date:- 27 November 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Jeff's Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'SB-B' / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SE #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (30 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

First Day of the Christmas Season, Everyone. I went with M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019 and the GameChanger .84 plate series.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (6)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Alpha Outlaw Boar
AS: Brut Musk
EdT: Brut Musk

If you haven't tried M. A. Space Soap it is well worth the money. The owner is also working to help with the vaccine to the current crisis.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Fri 27 Last SOTD @Unesco Heritage Site
Soap
Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Personna Lab Blue/Med Prep 2nd
Aftershaves
Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic
Clubman Brandy Spice
Last day at UNESCO heritage site. Thought to show the famous landmarks from the Portuguese built fort and Dutch built Church which is part of the Stadthuys building.
Beautiful lather from the soap. Creamily thick and slick with super nice scent and cooling sensation.
Excellent razor paired with this blade gives a super smooth and comfortable shave. What a nice blade! Enjoyable 3+1 passes without issues for a mostly bbs result. Excellent aftershaves especially with Brandy Spice! Loving the Karve with D plate! Rating 10/10!
A'Famosa - built by the Portuguese back in 1512
View attachment 1187443
Christ Church - built by the Dutch back in 1753 beside the Stadthuys
View attachment 1187445
View attachment 1187448
That looks like way too much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom