• Semogue TSN LE 2020
  • Cold River Soap Works - Bergamot & Bay
  • Rockwell 6S
  • Perma Sharp
  • Ralon/Original
proxy.php

proxy.php

Razor: Giesen&Forsthoff Gentle Shaver
Blade: Rapira. First time using this brand and it gave me a bbs after three pases with no irritation at all. Eight hours later and I still look as if I had just shaved. Very comfortable.
Brush: Executive Shaving synthetic
Cream: Dapper Dan (my all time favorite. Such a slick lather and beautiful barbershop scent)
Aftershave: Dapper Dan (nice rich smell of old barbershop with refreshing menthol)
Mug: Edwin Jagger
969A315B-E344-4992-8944-377C253219D5.jpeg

Thu 26 On the Road SOTD
Cream MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Game Changer.84-P SB
Blade Personna Lab Blue/Meds Prep 1st Use
Aftershaves
Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + MacaRoot Aloe Gel
Clubman GentsGin
Fantastic lather from the cream. Creamy and slick with a wonderful scent.
Shave with razor paired with this new blade was terrific!! Wow..! Not sure whether it's lab blue or med prep...but ohh soooo smooth, comfortable and sharp for 3+1passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result. Razor/blade combo feels so good that I overshaved and saw some creepers. Excellent aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201125_160842.jpg

20201126_073237.jpg

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gillette Steampunk Fat Handle Tech
Blade: Personna Reds (D3)
Brush: WildWestBrushworks 22mm Faux Horsehair
Scuttle: Woodhead Medium
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: WSO Bill the Barber
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Floid Amber

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2F38BB11-985F-4869-9256-9776B979B71C.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving.
2) England: Soap Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol.
3) China: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Italy: Aftershave Balm Proraso.
6) India: Aftershave Splash Gillette Arctic Ice Bold Aftershave Splash.

Wednesday, 11/25

20201125_155858.jpg

Razor - Executive Shaving Outlaw
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - Graydog 26mm Fullmoon
Soap - Oaken Lab Earth Of Mankind
A/S - Brickell unscented

This was a really good one. I love this soap; the coffee and soft leather are so nicely blended, the slickness is top notch, and the post shave excellent. The GSB cruised through the lather noticeably more smoothly than the blades of the last two days; this combo is a match made in heaven. The shave was oh so close and felt amazing. Top marks.

SOTD-WFSR-R_2020-11-25.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga C-3 22/49 Finest Mistura
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (3)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

WFSR Shave 23:
And another super (cold water) shave. :biggrin:

Cold Water Shave 3:
I must say I'm enjoying these cold water shaves... but my "conditioning" keeps on reminding me that warm is nice. My current intention is to do seven CW shaves before going back to "warm" just to see if it makes any difference to how my face feels/responds.

I've been reducing my loading with the Mistura on each shave. Strangely enough that's resulted in MORE lovely lather. The combination of the fabulous TFS soap and the lather monster Mistura is a definite winner (in my limited experience).

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD : 26th November 2020.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush : Semogue 1438.

Face Lather.

Soap : Williams Mug Shaving soap.

Blade: Euromax Platinum half blade. (4)

Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)/Boots ~ Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

Throughout the week the yaqi katana razor & Euromax Platinum half blade have really impressed me with their efficient smoothness...Once i get more accustomed with the katana i intend to try it with a Supershave X 'snapped in half blade', but for now i'm happy using the Euromax Platinum half blades which i find a very smooth non-aggressive yet a good efficient match for the katana.

The williams mug shaving soap i find performs a adequately once it's been bloomed for a few minutes, then lather up for a minute with my damp boar brush creating a slick protective lather for the shave, which leaving a superb post shave feel to my face...The original 'tallow based' recipe must of been extremely good.

I totally understand why some people have love/hate opinions on williams it does take a while a little more effort and time to create a good lather but once you get passed the airy/bubbly stage your rewarded with a wonderful slick protective lather that doesn't dissipate or dry out on your skin. Like most budget shaving soaps it doesn't get top marks for it's scent which to my nose is a 'clean scent with no 'bells and whistles' but makes up multitude for it's slickness protection, and post shave feel are the main things i look for in any soap or shaving cream.

The scent of a shaving soap isn't a important issue for me slickness protection, and post shave feel are ok, you don't want it to smell like a 'warm horse' granted, i find once i have done my cold rinse the scent of a soap or cream scent is virtually disappeared... As always, YMMV.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom