What's new

One shave of the day for the rest of your life

Thursday OCtober 3

Hitting 3rd, another 113 year old, 1906 Gillette single ring model 100.

Bowl/Scuttle - GP12
Soap - Caties Bubbles Purple Grapefruit
Brush - Rubberset Albright #3
Blade - Feather HI SS (5)
Razor - 1906 Gillette Single Ring
Post Shave - OSMA Pierre alum, Baum.BE A/S balm

Shave rating 5 of 5

So I'm finding that each of these vintage century old razors have a personality of their own. My first shave this OCtober was with a similar aged single ring and that was a very mild, smooth shave with no blade feel. This razor was a bit more aggressive, a good bit of blade feel, but no less effective. I was in a bit of a rush so I only did a one pass shave and this razor gave me a DFS+ on that one WTG pass. This soap is really good, I could have done 5 passes with the lather generated by about a pea sized portion of the soap. The brush is one of my older brushes, and still has original boar knot (I believe) which is still in good shape. Brush was a little floppier than I like but still did the job well.

I apologize for my delay in posting this Thursday shave. Got busy Thursday and then had surgery on my left hand Friday morning and won't be shaving for a couple days while the hand heals and I can start using it again.

Happy OCtober and great shaves everyone.
View attachment 1023457

Bummer about the hand, get well!

20191006_122213.jpg

Sunday, 10/6:

Razor - Razorock SLOC
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Brush - Craving Shaving "Serenity", 26mm Boss
Bowl - Captain's Choice
Soap - Soap Commander Vision
Aftershave - Tend Skin, Brickell

The SLOC head is giving me phenomenally close shaves. This thing is really good. I tried an Astra in it today because my customary Shark SC was a little aggressive on Friday. The Astra was definitely smoother, although I did end up with some redness at the bottom of my neck that seemed like it was waiting to come out. Still a great shave, and some Tend Skin has it mostly cleared up.

This was my first use of the brush, and man it kicks butt. I think I'm liking the Boss knot a little more than the tuxedo; the backbone is really where I like it, and the tips are still plenty soft. I will say, it doesn't splay as well. Handle is uber comfortable and solid. It generated a fantastic lather from one of my favorite soaps. Wonderful shave.

Talbot Shaving | Authors Ridge
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE
Maol Grooming for Talbot | Authors Ridge

proxy.php

I've been applying the Authors Ridge splash throughout the week. I immediately liked it, but I've come to appreciate it much more after a few applications. This is one of the more complex fragrances in my den, but it does require a little olfactory training. Initially, I felt like Authors Ridge was missing top notes, and as a result I thought this was a creative gag in making it "headless" (It's been done before, though). However, the more I use it, more is revealed. There is a rather dominant presence of rich earth and suggestions of oak lichen and mushroom, yet subsequent uses allow my nose to accept these base earthen elements and thus appreciate the distant muted and dry floral and crushed succulents. Then the woods become more distinct with resinous qualities approaching that of cedar with spicy and bitter highlights. The earth is also contrasted by what seems to be clean ozone to me.

The soap echoes these notes, but it's even more challenging to discern the discrete notes. In fact, had I not already experimented with the splash for several days prior to using the soap, I would probably not have been able to pick out more than earth and woods.

Authors Ridge is a very pleasant autumn fragrance and everything about it is quite natural, albeit dark. This is something someone who lives in the woods will likely lose track of after a couple hours of being outdoors. However, it's so well blended and complex that I propose this will speak quite differently to others.

Catie's Bubbles' wonderfully gothic 322 will not soon be usurped as my all-time favorite dark fragrance, but Authors Ridge is among its court.

Shave of the day
Razor:
Fatip Piccolo SE
Blade : Voskhod #10
Brush: Maseto Silvertip, 27mm knot
Soap: Proraso Sandalwood
ASB: Nivea
EDT: Declaration
IMG_0376a.JPG

Cobra Classic/ Feather Proguard/ Barrister and Mann Lyssa sample/ M&F Real Horn Finest/ The Vergulde Hand
proxy.php

SOTD - 2019.10.9
Growth: 24h
Brush: Kesar by fm - 24mm HD two band
Soap: FAA Gondolier
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Voskhod
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), Nivea Sensitive
Passes: 2 - WTG (4), XTG (2)
Rating: 5/5 - epic

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Yesterday I couldn’t post anything, norther California power was shut off completely!
Epic shave with this combination and cold water. The soap is slick, lathers up beautifully with a fantastic post shave.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Greetings my fellow wetshavers,

Today shave: MDC Vetyver, Musgo real shave brush, Bronze timeless OC w/ GSB blade. Finished off with Dr. Harris Arlington splash, Awesome shave.

Attachments

• EFFA20B4-1E00-43E6-8505-78E20AD5D986.jpeg
    EFFA20B4-1E00-43E6-8505-78E20AD5D986.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SB-P WRH2
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Gin & Tonic
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a fantastic Friday :thumbup:

I havent posted a SOTD post for over a week, i apologise, things have been hectic at college over the last two weeks.

Double SOTD:
Shave one: this shave was 30th shave with the 7 o clock sharp edge blade, and its last as it started tugging. It had a very good run though, and the sharp edges have become my go to blade for longevity. I'll definitely be ordering a 100 pack of them when my blade reserves get low which could take a year or two. The only blade ive used that lasts longer is the feathers, which is the next blade to receive at least a 30 shave treatment although i might use it for longer.

Razor: Gillette Super Speed flare tip (UK)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge(30)
Soap: Col Conk lime
Aftershave balm: prep

Shave 2:
The first shave with the fresh feather and what a fantastic blade. This is the second feather ive used, and if it wasnt for its high price it would be my main blade too. Perfect for speed shaves in a mild razor or a perfect BBS shave if you pair it with an agressive razor like a fatip piccolo. These blades have a reputation for "drawing blood" but as long as your technique is good and you use 0 pressure, you're highly unlikely to cut yourself. Its so sharp that i didnt even feel it shaving my whiskers and at first i thought it wasnt doing anything until i rinsed it off and realised how good these blades really are lol. BBS shave in 3 passes with 0 irritation.

Razor: Gillette super speed flare tip(UK)
BRUSH: OMEGA 49
Blade: feather hi-stainless(1)
Soap: Arko shave stick
Aftershave Balm: prep
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

I'm new to de shavers

right now I'd say.....

merkur 42c

lather and wood sandalwood.

my cheap perfecto brush which is working really well for me.

and borrow someone's coconut shell.

but in reality none of this matters if I dont have a mirror.......I'd be screwed and look like tom Hanks on cast away. so my first necessity would be any shiny object which could be engineered into this!

camo

My shaving accouterments for the day...also posted in my first post in the 'Welcome' newbie section. :)

Please excuse the sacrilege, but I am on the path to conversion. I have seen the light; I was lost, but now I am found...and woke.

IMG_5176 - Copy.jpg

It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD

DSC09732 (2).jpg

Razor: OneBlade Core
Blade: Feather FHS (D2)
Brush: DaVinci UOMO 293
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Shiver Me Timber's
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling AS Gel
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Cryogen

Monday, November 18, 2019
* Skin food Geo F Trumper’s, santal, pre shave
* Crabtree & Evelyn, Moroccan Myrrh: shaving cream, balm aftershave & EdC
* El El Druida, Forzzia Silvertip Extra-Premium 25 mm.
* Druida, Forzzia Silvertip Extra-Premium 25 mm.
* Maxfligold 100, Tanifuji 40.
proxy.php

razor : Parker 99r TTO
blade : Personna Q-ball (65) since 14.07.2019
brush : Omega s-brush
soap : Arko Stick foamed on the face
Alum
Aftershave : Tobacco

Have a nice day !

Soap : Ariana & Evans – Platinum
SOTD : 18-11-2019
Razor : Rex – Ambassador