Penhaligon's English Fern
SOTD11-22-20.jpg

Today
Razor: Haircut & Shave PO76 Ti
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Elite Razor Tourmaline Quartz 26mm High Mountain White
Soap: Ethos Succes
Aftershave: DR Harris Arlington

A perfect shave. Trying out the H&S PO76 Titanium and all I can say is that this is a magnificent razor. Fantastic finishing and polishing for a titanium razor. But, more importantly, this razor shaves naturally. Maybe it's the design, maybe the material, maybe the weight (and I generally like heavier razors), but it gives me close and perfect shaves. Not a nick, not a minor weeper, not a bit of irritation. Probably aided by the GD preshave and the Ethos Succes soap, which was slick but rich and cushioned. Paired well with the citrus from one of my favorite aftershaves. Just a great day.
2020-11-22 PO76 Ti Ethos Sucess.jpeg

Sunday Shave
Razor: Executive Shaving Company the Breaveheart
Blade: Gillette Blue SS
Brush: Executive Shaving Company Synthetic
Soap: Four Broz Co. Tobacco Blade
Aftershave: Blue de Chanel​

Today was the second time I was trying out a cold water shave due to constant razor burn and irritated skin on my neck. To be honest I had a much closer shave and no irritation at all. I read a lot about the pros and cons of both warm water and cold water shaves and I totally agree that there is nothing more luxurious than feeling warm lather and a warm brush on your skin. But in terms of efficiency I am convinced that cold water might be better.
Would love to hear you opinions.
33B11E28-7AAA-444D-B543-83E4D7A01EDB.jpeg

SOTD-WFSR-B_2020-11-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 18/43 Pure
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Treet Platinum (5)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

WFSR Shave 20:
A very, very nice shave. :biggrin:

The Treet Platinum still felt a bit scratchy today, but it gave a fine shave all the same (lucky for me that I enjoy a bit of "blade feel" :lol1:).

I'm enjoying playing around with the different TFS soap "flavors." All three that I have (varying from inexpensive to medium cost) lather wonderfully... so I just like swapping them around for the different scents.

The Clubman VIBR came out of hiding today, just for its Christmassy scent. I guess that's the cloves part of the perfume. My Bay Rum ASL knowledge is extremely limited as I've only tried the one.

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

S.O.T.D - Sunday, November 22, 2020
Pre-shave:- RazoRock Charcoal Lime PreShave Soap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Roger Quintero 3D Printed
Brush:- RazoRock Big Bruce
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Dirty South Shavers 2019
Razor/Blade:- Shick Adjustable Injector (M1)/Schick (18)
Post:- RazoRock Ultimate Alum / Thayers Cucumber WH / Stirling Balm
After-shave:- Stirling Dirty South Shavers 2019​
20201122_115507.jpg

Shave of the day: 11/21/2020

Prep: Nivea Cleanser, The Bluebeards Revenge Scrub

Pre Shave: Proraso Red

Soap: Arko

Razor: Parker 24c

Blade: Derby Premium (3)

Brush: Wilkinson sword pure bristle

Alum: Osma

Aftershave: Witch hazel and Nivea sensitive balm

Rating: 8/10

Overall an ok shave.

Is it me or the Parker 24c is kinda harsh? It's efficient and all but the last two times I used it it was kinda harsh. I can tell on my sensitive spots that it has a tendency to hurt. Don't get me wrong it's a fine razor but I'd prefer it to be more buttery smooth. I had mild irritation on some spots. Of course it also be the blade's fault being in its third shave. I could feel it pull on my hairs. View attachment 1185303

It could be the blade choice? I've never used one, but a lot of people say the Parker is one of the milder open combs. Try a different blade maybe.

Happy Sunday
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
This is last week’s thread. I think you are looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom